Boris Johnson
(03-22-2022, 03:20 PM)Protheroe Wrote: You can hope I suppose.

By this time next year no-one will give a shit about anything other than the cost of everything. TBH in that context everything else is indeed, fluff.

The Tory Party will dump Johnson for a photogenic leader promising to deal with the Cost Of Living Crisis, whilst remaining fiscally responsible (arf).

All the things you mention will die with Johnson. Good luck to Labour in the absence of a big idea.

Got to agree with that point. In fact I think it’s already the thing most care about right now. Same in many countries right now.
(03-22-2022, 03:36 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

By this time next year no-one will give a shit about anything other than the cost of everything. TBH in that context everything else is indeed, fluff.

The Tory Party will dump Johnson for a photogenic leader promising to deal with the Cost Of Living Crisis, whilst remaining fiscally responsible (arf).

All the things you mention will die with Johnson. Good luck to Labour in the absence of a big idea.

Got to agree with that point. In fact I think it’s already the thing most care about right now. Same in many countries right now.
It’s always a primary concern for voters, was it Clinton who used the phrase “it’s the economy, stupid” when telling his campaign teams what to focus on for an election back in the 90’s?
(03-22-2022, 10:34 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 03:36 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

It’s always a primary concern for voters, was it Clinton who used the phrase “it’s the economy, stupid” when telling his campaign teams what to focus on for an election back in the 90’s?

Spot on. And in a few months to a year, I reckon that’s going to be the case more than ever in our lifetime! In every country in Europe, USA, Oceania, most places.

You speak correctly Proth.
Winning elections is as much about getting none voters to vote as it is changing hearts and minds. The last 2 big results have been won on simple slogans taking back control and get brexit done. I would hope that labour have someone with enough talent to come up with something that links parties, cronyism and corruption to motivate the stay at homes to get out and give the tories a spanking.
[Image: FOkN2a1XsAM4QGm?format=jpg&name=360x360]

This is a screenshot of Johnson whilst Sunak addresses parliament about the atrocities in the Ukraine and then the cost of living crisis. This is the man some of you will vote for at the next election.
(03-23-2022, 10:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: [Image: FOkN2a1XsAM4QGm?format=jpg&name=360x360]

This is a screenshot of Johnson whilst Sunak addresses parliament about the atrocities in the Ukraine and then the cost of living crisis. This is the man some of you will vote for at the next election.

Oh, what a cheeky chimpanzee chappy he is !
(03-23-2022, 10:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: [Image: FOkN2a1XsAM4QGm?format=jpg&name=360x360]

He won't be here for the next election. Being PM was a career move. The next move will see him "doing a Blair" on the circuit, and earning a fortune telling tales of Brexit, Covid and Ukraine. Love him or hate him, he will be Box Office gold.
(03-24-2022, 11:59 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 10:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: [Image: FOkN2a1XsAM4QGm?format=jpg&name=360x360]

He won't be here for the next election. Being PM was a career move. The next move will see him "doing a Blair" on the circuit, and earning a fortune telling tales of Brexit, Covid and Ukraine. Love him or hate him, he will be Box Office gold.

Wouldn't be so sure, 2 years out from a general election so the capacity for him to step down is getting smaller and the modern Tory party is built around loyalty to him.

Unless there's a catastrophe in May - unlikely due to the cycle of local elections - I'd be shocked if he's not still PM.
(03-24-2022, 12:18 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 11:59 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Wouldn't be so sure, 2 years out from a general election so the capacity for him to step down is getting smaller and the modern Tory party is built around loyalty to him.

Unless there's a catastrophe in May - unlikely due to the cycle of local elections - I'd be shocked if he's not still PM.

There's a reason Sunak has been kept out of all the shit throwing r.e. lockdown parties the last 12 months or so.