Ten Years Ago Today - Nine Years Ago Today
Ten years ago today we beat Wo1ve5

Nine years ago today we beat Liverpool

Those couple of seasons were pretty much the zenith of our achievement in my adult life.

I look at the side we put out on Wednesday night and not one of them would get near either of those teams. What a damning indictment of the ensuing decade.
Cheers for the reminder. The March To Molineux and that win is stuff I’ll take to my deathbed
(02-11-2022, 09:36 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Ten years ago today we beat Wo1ve5

Nine years ago today we beat Liverpool

Those couple of seasons were pretty much the zenith of our achievement in my adult life.

I look at the side we put out on Wednesday night and not one of them would get near either of those teams. What a damning indictment of the ensuing decade.

It's the rough and tumble of football Proth. We are deluded if we didn't think we'd have another dip as a club. That's the nature for  most clubs bar those bankrolled by the very rich.

Whether where we are now is a blip or a fair spell in the wilderness only time will tell.
The fact we see nothing more than victories over a couple of teams as the height of success tells you all you need to know about modern football.
(02-11-2022, 10:00 AM)Sotv Wrote: The fact we see nothing more than victories over a couple of teams as the height of success tells you all you need to know about modern football.

Yep.
I doubt Liverpool would take a bow in front of the Kop if they scraped a scrappy draw with us these days either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnaOKRV79sQ
(02-11-2022, 10:00 AM)Sotv Wrote: The fact we see nothing more than victories over a couple of teams as the height of success tells you all you need to know about modern football.

I said seasons, not victories. We were even unravelling Roy's good work under Clarke.

Looking back Roy's football could be downright attritional at times, but I've never seen and Albion side with that same positional sense. We also appeared to have a plan on and off the pitch. The departures at the end of that season really did begin our long term decline.

And as for the height of success, well there was an FA Cup there to be won under Pulis until he turned up at the Villa and the team performed like that.
(02-11-2022, 11:06 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

I said seasons, not victories. We were even unravelling Roy's good work under Clarke.

Looking back Roy's football could be downright attritional at times, but I've never seen and Albion side with that same positional sense. We also appeared to have a plan on and off the pitch. The departures at the end of that season really did begin our long term decline.

And as for the height of success, well there was an FA Cup there to be won under Pulis until he turned up at the Villa and the team performed like that.

All the club had to do was replace Ashworth with someone competent, keep everything in place and we could have kicked on a bit.

That January, when Wingie went off to QPR for a drive, had we replaced him and Gera, so much could have changed.
(02-11-2022, 10:32 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: I doubt Liverpool would take a bow in front of the Kop if they scraped a scrappy draw with us these days either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnaOKRV79sQ

Didn't Klopp do something similar recently  Big Grin.?  He's an annoying...
(02-11-2022, 09:46 AM)SophLad Wrote: Cheers for the reminder. The March To Molineux and that win is stuff I’ll take to my deathbed

Likewise. A nice sum raised for Acorns children’s hospice. 

Still can’t believe the tosser of a ref wouldn’t allow the ball we’d carried from the centre circle of the hawthorns to molineux to be used at k.o as intended, in case someone had tampered with it.

But don’t forget on that great day you also intentionally wiped dog shit off your shoe on to Moxley’s office carpet. Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back