UK Covid death toll
(12-02-2021, 02:14 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: According to Sky News Germany are making jabs mandatory from February. They are also locking down the unvaccinated.

Yep, and Greece fining over 60s. Not sure that’s good for their health!

Here comes the segregation… and I await such disgusting policies being supported by some, despite there being no evidence of it even working (and that’s before the moral argument). I made this point months ago that the silly generalisation of “anti vaxxer” was being used to divide, and the end game of that is to turn enough people towards blaming them in order to justify segregation/coercion/mandation.

We won’t be many months behind. It’s so obvious.
The great news is that once the unvaccinated are locked down for the next few months then things will improve. And then in February when it become mandatory Covid will completely disappear. Not sure why we bought all those extra booster doses being reported today though.
(12-02-2021, 03:12 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: The great news is that once the unvaccinated are locked down for the next few months then things will improve. And then in February when it become mandatory Covid will completely disappear. Not sure why we bought all those extra booster doses being reported today though.

This was my post last week and it was called tin foil hat. Its not looking too far off. How anyone can't be alarmed by this direction of travel is totally beyond me.

"The vaccine, and repeated boosters indefinitely, will be mandated in the end. Or at the very least required to such a degree it’s virtually impossible to have any kind of normal life.

It’s not hard to see how governments are edging towards this. Debates on, for example, whether people working with the vulnerable require it are only one aspect of a much bigger issue IMO, as that’s just a stepping stone - a job that’s easier to mandate first. There’s way too many things happened that don’t make sense for me to trust any government right now. In my opinion they’re boiling the frog slowly.

Unless something very significant happens and there’s a big change in direction, it’s a booster every year for life or second class living. The state will decide."
Totalitarianism in our time in mainland Europe. The Germans will have a particular problem with this given the population's historic preoccupation with quack homeopathy.
(12-02-2021, 03:23 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Totalitarianism in our time in mainland Europe. The Germans will have a particular problem with this given the population's historic preoccupation with quack homeopathy.

Its medical fascism isn't it. You'd think people would learn from history (awaits some plonker suggesting I said this is the same as gas chambers - its not, but its still utterly abhorrent and disgusting)
It has been fairly obvious the direction of travel for a long time now. I wish I had a tick sheet for the things that were classed as far fetched a year ago that are now coming to fruition. And yet if you dare mention them then you are shut down instantly.
(12-02-2021, 03:33 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: It has been fairly obvious the direction of travel for a long time now. I wish I had a tick sheet for the things that were classed as far fetched a year ago that are now coming to fruition. And yet if you dare mention them then you are shut down instantly.

Correct, me and you have been talking about this for 6 months plus.

People have been blinded by the "side-arguments" about working with the vulnerable etc, and not seen the bigger picture, and that it was the thin end of the wedge. It has staggered me that people have not seen what's going on around the world and taken more notice.

And too many have fallen for the vax vs anti-vax nonsense, which has been set up to divide (and its worked in many cases). Its not about vax vs anti-vax. Its about personal choice and government control. For those who slate anti maskers, have they not worked out that they see this as the thinnest end of the wedge? Again, too many don't see the bigger picture (and by the way, I wear a mask, but I'm also aware that there's a bigger picture).

And for those who think it should be mandated for the greater good, I hope they've considered that it may/will not stop with this vaccine, and that infinite things could be justified for the 'greater good', some of which they may not be so keen on in future (think climate change). But I don't think many would have done 18 months ago, they've been chipped away at by propaganda IMO.

If/when this happens here, this is a level of state control that we have not seen in our lifetime.
(12-02-2021, 03:43 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Its about personal choice and government control. 

Yes it is. I can't be the only one dumbfounded that we've reached the level where government ministers are pontificating on who I should be "snogging".
(12-02-2021, 03:43 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 03:33 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: It has been fairly obvious the direction of travel for a long time now. I wish I had a tick sheet for the things that were classed as far fetched a year ago that are now coming to fruition. And yet if you dare mention them then you are shut down instantly.

If/when this happens here, this is a level of state control that we have not seen in our lifetime.

Since the middle of July I've been able to do pretty much whatever I please. So much for that state control.
(12-02-2021, 04:03 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 03:43 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Since the middle of July I've been able to do pretty much whatever I please. So much for that state control.

Can't say I understand your point there. I said "if/when it happens here", and I was referring to what's happening in Germany/Austria/Greece as discussed.