How much are you enjoying this season?
(02-25-2019, 07:41 PM)mickeypearce Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 11:57 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Mixed bag for me.

It’s great to be the top goalscorers, and - whilst not evidently good enough to be quite within reach of the top spots - we aren’t too far behind. Most of us would have accepted the play-offs at the season’s end, which appears where we are destined to end up.

My one beef this season, and I’m probably not alone, is that we probably should be doing better with the players at our disposal than we are. It’s a tough league as we know, and every side we face bar a couple has its own blend of journeymen, leaders and stalwarts. And more than one or two of those will always be better than us on the day, because we are - I feel at least - still a little too idealistic in the way we approach matches. Whilst it’s very true that you make your own luck, we have also got out of jail during more than our fair share of those matches that have seen us losing in the last ten, which all too often has been a position a team of this quality should never have had to be in.

When all is said and done, however, it has been enjoyable; with some memorable results to go with it and a shit-load of goals scored. However in terms of quality, this side has an advantage that echoes the Mowbray era, whose talent isn’t quite being capitalised upon. Were it anyone but BD in charge, I’m certain that we wouldn’t all be quite so patient. He is learning of course, but he must continue to, because next year will get even more difficult in more ways than one.

Good assessment and pretty much how I feel about the season

Pretty much where we all are. The support Darren has had from the club has been poor, the recruitment team have been a major no show, we should remember that! What changes for us to reach the heights we should be at is the question?
I would be happy to swap Rondon for Gayle, sell a couple and buy Barnes and Holgate. Make Field - Harper - Edwards 1st team regulars. Look forward to a successful assault on the championship next season as in line with what we all expected. Before we had a unexpected chance of a quick return to the greed league. I wouldn't be looking forward to the PL, but financial security for a further 3 years and further building of a new younger squad for the future has to be the priority. COYB
I want my cake and eat it but I don't want to put on weight because of eating cake. Also I don't want to get fed up of cake once I'm used to eating it. Also if I see someone having nicer cake I'll be wanting that.
Do other people call these cakes of yours, hash brownies ?
(02-25-2019, 08:39 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Do other people call these cakes of yours, hash brownies ?

Tried those back in the 70's. They were shite. They kept going out and your pants would go up your arsecrack from trying to drag on them. I do often think that some posters on here have them before talking shite on here.
(02-25-2019, 08:17 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

It’s great to be the top goalscorers, and - whilst not evidently good enough to be quite within reach of the top spots - we aren’t too far behind. Most of us would have accepted the play-offs at the season’s end, which appears where we are destined to end up.

My one beef this season, and I’m probably not alone, is that we probably should be doing better with the players at our disposal than we are. It’s a tough league as we know, and every side we face bar a couple has its own blend of journeymen, leaders and stalwarts. And more than one or two of those will always be better than us on the day, because we are - I feel at least - still a little too idealistic in the way we approach matches. Whilst it’s very true that you make your own luck, we have also got out of jail during more than our fair share of those matches that have seen us losing in the last ten, which all too often has been a position a team of this quality should never have had to be in.

When all is said and done, however, it has been enjoyable; with some memorable results to go with it and a shit-load of goals scored. However in terms of quality, this side has an advantage that echoes the Mowbray era, whose talent isn’t quite being capitalised upon. Were it anyone but BD in charge, I’m certain that we wouldn’t all be quite so patient. He is learning of course, but he must continue to, because next year will get even more difficult in more ways than one.

Pretty much where we all are. The support Darren has had from the club has been poor, the recruitment team have been a major no show, we should remember that! What changes for us to reach the heights we should be at is the question?
I would be happy to swap Rondon for Gayle, sell a couple and buy Barnes and Holgate. Make Field - Harper - Edwards 1st team regulars. Look forward to a successful assault on the championship next season as in line with what we all expected. Before we had a unexpected chance of a quick return to the greed league. I wouldn't be looking forward to the PL, but financial security for a further 3 years and further building of a new younger squad for the future has to be the priority. COYB

How has the support for DM been poor? We have kept many of our better players, we contracted his first choice, high profile coach and have brought in high quality loans in January to top up an already  very talented first team. 

There is no way if we don’t go up that Barnes and Holgate will want to drop a division and that we could afford them.
(02-25-2019, 09:35 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

How has the support for DM been poor? We have kept many of our better players, we contracted his first choice, high profile coach and have brought in high quality loans in January to top up an already  very talented first team. 

There is no way if we don’t go up that Barnes and Holgate will want to drop a division and that we could afford them.

Tbh Dek your comments are flawed as you well know, Barnes and Holgate did exactly drop a division and we didn't get them FOC - The End.
(02-26-2019, 12:21 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 09:35 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Tbh Dek your comments are flawed as you well know, Barnes and Holgate did exactly drop a division and we didn't get them FOC - The End.

On loan so the point still stands as do the other points that you didn’t address.
You'll get nowhere with facts, on here Decka, just confuses a em. Rolleyes
There’s a massive catch 22 in all of this

The championship is great when you’re near the top & winning most weeks - like we are now

However history generally shows if you don’t get promoted in the first few years after Prem relegation losing parachute payments he’s a massive impact & clubs regress back to mid table for a period of time - is that then enjoyable?

The ideally is bouncing between the 2 leagues - always having something to play for!!
Sneak back in the Greed League via the playoffs - grab a parachute - float back down to the Chump.

Repeat ad nauseum.