Goal keeper
Can someone enlighten me how the bloody hell we ended up with Johnstone as number 1 when we had Foster, Myhill and Bond at the end of 2017/2018 season?? Did Foster want to leave that badly? Seeing his display yesterday I'm pretty sure we'd 10/12 points better off IF Foster was in goal.
(02-03-2019, 12:55 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote: Can someone enlighten me how the bloody hell we ended up with Johnstone as number 1 when we had Foster, Myhill and Bond at the end of 2017/2018 season?? Did Foster want to leave that badly? Seeing his display yesterday I'm pretty sure we'd 10/12 points better off IF Foster was in goal.

Because we were in the Premier League back then and now we’re in the Championship.

This isn’t difficult stuff.
A brand new debate. The GK. Nice.
(02-03-2019, 12:55 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote: Can someone enlighten me how the bloody hell we ended up with Johnstone as number 1 when we had Foster, Myhill and Bond at the end of 2017/2018 season?? Did Foster want to leave that badly? Seeing his display yesterday I'm pretty sure we'd 10/12 points better off IF Foster was in goal.

I can think of around 35,000 weekly reasons why Foster in the late autumn of his career wanted to leave.  Is hard to criticise him (other than for saying what he did about staying just before he decided to leave!).  Is one of the best keepers in the PL this season.

I rate Bond above Johnstone.
I haven't seen any footage of the goals we conceded but from were i was sitting the 1st goal came from poor control by Barry and the one were Brunt fucked up cant be put down to Johnstone .would you put him at fault for the other one or poor defending allowing there player to get a shot in .?
Bond joined in Summer, after Johnstone.

I've heard that Foster, wanted to stay, but wanted a contract extension and was refused. In fairness, he's clearly good enough for the Premier League, so we can't begrudge him playing there.

However, considering his injury history, we would still need better back up than Myhill.

Finally, Barry = goal 1, Brunt = goal 3, Ref = them having 11 men on the pitch when it should have been 10.
(02-03-2019, 01:59 PM)Three Degrees Wrote: I haven't  seen any footage of the goals we conceded  but from were i was sitting the 1st goal came from poor control by Barry and the one were Brunt fucked up cant be put down to Johnstone .would you put him at fault for the other one or poor defending allowing there player to get a shot in .?

You can't be serious? You need to see the footage back then. A good goalkeeper and we wouldn't have conceded one of those goals yesterday. I can't even be bothered to do the analysis.  Bond has to come in. Johnstone has not looked convincing all season. 

Ben Foster in goal and we win 2-0 yesterday, simple.
I saw a tweet from Chris Lepkowski that was spot on about Johnstone. He doesn't seem to be comfortable playing from the back. We are asking him to do things that isn't part of his natural game.
(02-03-2019, 12:55 PM)Baggie PRick Wrote: Can someone enlighten me how the bloody hell we ended up with Johnstone as number 1 when we had Foster, Myhill and Bond at the end of 2017/2018 season?? Did Foster want to leave that badly? Seeing his display yesterday I'm pretty sure we'd 10/12 points better off IF Foster was in goal.

Bond wasn’t with us at the end of 2017/18 season - the lack of knowledge coupled with your weird obsession with SJ makes uncomfortable reading pal.
Lepkowaki is a mad hack. Just says whatever his gaggle of mates want to hear. That is when he’s not getting pissed up and sliding into peoples DMs with his fucked up personal issues.