Silverstone
(07-18-2021, 08:06 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 08:02 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 07:58 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 07:56 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 05:18 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Not a fan of MR generally but today's race was incredible.
OK so the fastest car won but LH drove brilliantly to overcome a 30 second deficit from the penalty he was given after the Verstappen incident. He maintained his tyres after his team elected a one stop strategy and his overtaking of LeClerc was timed to perfection.
I'm not a great fan of his tbh but credit where it's due.

It was a 10 second stop and go penalty. Unfortunately, the speed limits in the pit lane usually mean it’s about 28 seconds. He did drive brilliantly again though, when he’s chasing and catching, he’s relentless. He’s a brilliant driver for sure.

I think he got a bit lucky with Leclerc, no doubt the pressure told on him but it was a mistake that let him through. He’d have got him eventually anyway.

Today, if Max won again. The championship becomes hard to reel in with so much momentum. Hamilton cynically took him out, it was the only way to close the gap significantly and he knew the only bit he could damage was a nose or wing.

Max and Lewis are the best drivers by a mile. Granted they have the best cars too but I genuinely think they’d push close in a McLaren, Aston Martin or Alpha Tauri

I don't see how it was cynical, Hamilton didn't turn into him and he just seemed to understeer into Verstappen's tyre. I think it was more he took a risk knowing he had to overtake Verstappen then and there and came out better of the two.

“Just seemed to understeer into Verstappens tyre”. You don’t need to say anymore.

The Mercedes has been understeering all season, particularly this weekend. If it was cynical then he's done a fantastic job of disguising it around a known fault of the car.

Ok, so Mercedes have known understeer problems. So, with understeer, you lose time cornering so why would he go for a gap when he’s already behind (level at best) Verstappen? He knows he won’t get past at that point. 

The end of the day though, he was given a penalty, served it and still won. He’s a top driver, no argument at all but I thought today was all a bit “strange”.
(07-18-2021, 09:36 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Ok, so Mercedes have known understeer problems. So, with understeer, you lose time cornering so why would he go for a gap when he’s already behind (level at best) Verstappen? He knows he won’t get past at that point. 

The end of the day though, he was given a penalty, served it and still won. He’s a top driver, no argument at all but I thought today was all a bit “strange”.

Because he knows he needs to take a risk and get past early if he stands any chance of winning the Championship, with the amount of times he's backed off from that same incident this season (Barcelona for example) and lost to Verstappen means he isn't really in a position to not take those risks anymore. If Verstappen didn't try and shut the door on him as he always does (not knocking Verstappen for doing it, it's hard but fair racing and it's why he's leading) then Hamilton would have probably just moved into first but Verstappen would still have been second and there wouldn't have been contact. If Hamilton is a split second later on the brakes than he was then it's wheel to wheel and both are probably out. Hamilton took a risk, it's his fault for the collision but I can't see how it's anything more than a racing incident.
I watched the highlights, Verstappen is a cock, Hamilton is British and it was the British GP, therefore Hamilton wins.

Thems my onions.
(07-19-2021, 06:22 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I watched the highlights, Verstappen is a cock, Hamilton is British and it was the British GP, therefore Hamilton wins.

Thems my onions.

+1

Verstappen is a cock, this morning the cunt's quoted as saying, Hamilton was disrespectful & unsporting because he celebrated winning his home Grand Prix, after he'd put Max in hospital, yeh right, tosser.
(07-19-2021, 07:49 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 06:22 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I watched the highlights, Verstappen is a cock, Hamilton is British and it was the British GP, therefore Hamilton wins.

Thems my onions.

+1

Verstappen is a cock, this morning the cunt's quoted as saying, Hamilton was disrespectful & unsporting because he celebrated winning his home Grand Prix, after he'd put Max in hospital, yeh right, tosser.

You really think Verstappen wrote that? He wouldn’t write that ever, he would write what’s been put in front of him by somebody else though.
(07-19-2021, 08:34 AM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 07:49 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

Thems my onions.

+1

You really think Verstappen wrote that? He wouldn’t write that ever, he would write what’s been put in front of him by somebody else though.

It was on his own personal approved Twitter feed, I therefore believe, he most probably approved it.
If he didn't approve it, he's an even bigger cock than I thought.

https://twitter.com/Max33Verstappen/stat...2F57882235
Verstappen's comments were poor but he'd been put in the hospital and likely didn't know that Lewis didn't know he was in the hospital when he was celebrating.

The person who's comments were out of order was Christian Horner.
(07-19-2021, 09:55 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Verstappen's comments were poor but he'd been put in the hospital and likely didn't know that Lewis didn't know he was in the hospital when he was celebrating.

Bang on, him, and the Red Bull sporting director, were in the race dirctors ear for about 10 minutes, trying to get Hamilton at least a one race ban, they really are desperate to win the F1 championship year.
(07-19-2021, 09:55 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Verstappen's comments were poor but he'd been put in the hospital and likely didn't know that Lewis didn't know he was in the hospital when he was celebrating.

I don't know what you expected Horner to say? The first year in a long time that we have a competition for the Constructors title (it is all that Horner wants) and he's having his lead damaged. He also thinks very highly of Verstappen, he is the man at RB and I'm sure they desperately want to win it so they can keep him in the car. When the dust settles a bit I don't think he'll be so aggressive in his comments, he may even apologise. I'm pretty sure that Toto Wolff would've felt aggrieved if it was the opposite way around. Almost half way through the season now, on to Hungary we go.

I have seen that Hamilton has suffered racial abuse on social media following yesterday, that is uncalled for and hope it gets dealt with. Regardless of what happened yesterday, he is still a World Class racing driver and we as Brits should be proud of him as that.
The same very talented Verstappen with the reckless driving style who's always been 'unlucky' to be involved in a fair few skirmishes. He's an aggressive driver and is bound to swap paint regularly.