GB News
A piece from the Mirror, of all rags:
“I am not drinking that brand of cider anymore,” my friend told me, “because they sponsor that new channel, GB News.”
“But you love that cider. I have never seen you without a can – no matter the time of day. Is the channel that bad?”
“I haven’t watched it.”
‘And that seems to be the problem. I haven’t watched GB News either. …lots of people seem to have made their minds up about it without looking.
It feels like yet another divisive ­moment and feeds into that sense that the country is irrevocably split. But it turns out it’s not that bad.’   (Keir Mudie)
www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/gb-news-reaction-shows-country-24355677

Some of the first items on the new channel:
Article titled “Millions excluded from government support during pandemic”
https://youtu.be/YfNZ26Zj2wc

Rebeca Long-Bailey interview about the Grenfell Cladding ‘scandal’. Calling for the government to finance the renewal of the dangerous cladding.
https://youtu.be/clG4f3u4u9I

A two handed debate about that Begum girl / woman and should she be allowed back into Britain and her citizenship reinstated. Plus, one interview solely suggesting she should be allowed back.
https://youtu.be/xpR_wUFPVSE
https://youtu.be/hzYdCoW2rcM

An interview criticising NHS cancer delays due to Covid.
https://youtu.be/TM9Corf-z0o

There have also been anti lockdown rants and anti ‘Woke’ pieces also, so there is, as far as I can tell after a week, some! “Ahem balance” as someone on here keeps calling it.

One of the frightened sorry righteous companies who withdrew advertising, IKEA  spied on its workforce for years, trades in Saudi Arabia and a good deal of its products are made in that bastion of free speech, liberalism and egalitarian justice, China. Right on IKEA!

The one downside to my little foray into GBNews is, after two searches, my YouTube homepage is now going to be inundated with bleedin GBNews vids, knocking out my recommendations for Wonderhussey and Americans react to British comedian’s, staple diet.
(06-20-2021, 03:37 PM)Everything Zin Wrote: You mean facts like requiring an IMF loan or the infamous ‘we’ve spent all the money’ note?

Not good examples.

As it transpired the Callaghan govt didn't need the IMF loan. The treasury mis calculated how much money we were short of. The political consequences of that mistake were significant.

And as for the note, everyone knows it was a joke. It was a tradition that exiting Govt ministers left jokey notes for the incoming ones....typical conservative cunning to exploit this one.
What a surprise NOT !

The chief stirrer Nigel turning up on there.
Ideal for him to platform his latest culture wars topics and preach to the hard of learning his bile and hatred.
Oh well it was nice whilst it lasted....

It’ll Be Alright on the Night

This is from Brian Moore ex England Rugby player...

To
@darrengrimes_
remember claiming the BBC felt threatened by GB News; anything to say now its been revealed the latter had fewer viewers than the Welsh language version of Paw Patrol?
(06-26-2021, 01:46 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Oh well it was nice whilst it lasted....

To
@darrengrimes_
remember claiming the BBC felt threatened by GB News; anything to say now its been revealed the latter had fewer viewers than the Welsh language version of Paw Patrol?

500 barb boxes in Wales lad.
All the usual suspects are cropping up on there!
You could almost play right wing/Brexit/Covididiots bingo to see who will pop up next.
The odious Richard Tyce just appeared and adopted opinions you knew he would have before he even opens his wretched mouth. Pitching to open everything and get back to normal as expected; git his property portfolio to protect no doubt ? Disgusting and selfish individual so fits in so well on that channel.
(06-26-2021, 01:46 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Oh well it was nice whilst it lasted....

To
@darrengrimes_

Paw patrol in any language is quality tv.

GB News perhaps not so much.
i love the righteous getting their knickers all in a twist over something they don't need to watch. People do have remote controls, use yours if you don't like it.
(06-20-2021, 05:03 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 03:37 PM)Everything Zin Wrote: You mean facts like requiring an IMF loan or the infamous ‘we’ve spent all the money’ note?

Not good examples.

As it transpired the Callaghan govt didn't need the IMF loan. The treasury mis calculated how much money we were short of. The political consequences of that mistake were significant.

And as for the note, everyone knows it was a joke. It was a tradition that exiting Govt ministers left jokey notes for the incoming ones....typical conservative cunning to exploit this one.
Ok, Gordon Brown’s destruction of final salary pension schemes ( not in the public sector, obviously, that would have upset his party’s supporters). Government using tax payer funds to support failing businesses rather than allowing management to actually manage. 95% marginal tax rates, successfully driving out wealth creators ( but that’s ok, they don’t vote labour)……
A lot of the damage to final salary pension funds was inflicted by large employers electing to take 'contributions holidays' - a privilege not extended to employee contributions - when fund values where artificially (and temporarily) swollen by inflated asset values. Thankfully, we now have this...

"The Pension Protection Fund (PPF) is a statutory fund in the United Kingdom, intended to protect members if their defined benefits pension fund becomes insolvent. It was created under the Pensions Act 2004..."