GB News
Seems to have rattled all the people I'd have expected it to. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Bit rich of the tax dodging like of multinational brewers saying it doesn't align to it's values (having been on air for 48 hours).
I've not watched it. I doubt I ever will, only watch football on tele nowadays, so many better ways to pass time.

Just sounds like a British version of Fox News. So the usual watering down of American culture for us Brits... yay.
Interesting watch. The future?
(06-16-2021, 09:04 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 09:02 AM)Ossian Wrote: Andrew Neil, what a twat that bloke is.

Today I'll be interrupting [insert name of guest] every few seconds and by the end of the interview you'll be none the wiser and resent the time you'll never get back. Did I mention the bloke's a twat?

Did like him humiliating Ben Shapiro though.

Personally find Neil one of the best interviewers
Vicki Young is a far better interviewer when it comes to eliciting information, and all without any of the preening or histrionics.
I don't think I'm the target audience, as I might be described as a woke leftie, not that I understand the term woke ir where it came from, and nor do I want to know.

However, I suspect there is a target audience for this if they do it right. And fair play to them, I'm all for diversity.
(06-16-2021, 09:21 AM)boingingjim Wrote: Seems to have rattled all the people I'd have expected it to.  If you don't like it, don't watch it.  Bit rich of the tax dodging like of multinational brewers saying it doesn't align to it's values (having been on air for 48 hours).

Is tax dodging a cornerstone/editorial line of GB News?
(06-16-2021, 09:23 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Just sounds like a British version of Fox News.

Hilarious. It's really not.

It's more like amateur hour in the University of Media TV studio at the moment. Terrible technical issues for the first few days haven't helped. Goodness only knows who designed the set, I can only imagine they've not actually watched TV in the last 10 years.

Interesting that they're being held back from reporting more 'news' by the BBC's refusal to allow them to use pooled content. A rather stupid (but sadly typical and counter productive) move attempting to strangle it at birth by the BBC which will eventually be overturned by OFCOM and the government anyway.

Also interesting that some bedwetting advertisers don't appear to understand the nature of their advertising contracts, but never mind. I'm not sure what Ikea has to gain by further alienating people like me who'd never be seen dead in their stores anyway.

As for the content, well....meh. I'd rather watch the BBC or Sky so I can shout at the self-important opinionated twats. A great stress reliever.

I do hope Neil asks Rishi WTF he's going to do about inflation and debt tonight though.
(06-16-2021, 09:58 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 09:23 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Just sounds like a British version of Fox News.

Hilarious. It's really not.

It's more like amateur hour in the University of Media TV studio at the moment. Terrible technical issues for the first few days haven't helped. Goodness only knows who designed the set, I can only imagine they've not actually watched TV in the last 10 years.

Interesting that they're being held back from reporting more 'news' by the BBC's refusal to allow them to use pooled content. A rather stupid (but sadly typical and counter productive) move attempting to strangle it at birth by the BBC which will eventually be overturned by OFCOM and the government anyway.

Also interesting that some bedwetting advertisers don't appear to understand the nature of their advertising contracts, but never mind. I'm not sure what Ikea has to gain by further alienating people like me who'd never be seen dead in their stores anyway.

As for the content, well....meh. I'd rather watch the BBC or Sky so I can shout at the self-important opinionated twats. A great stress reliever.

I do hope Neil asks Rishi WTF he's going to do about inflation and debt tonight though.

Out of interest, where do you buy your homewares, Proth?
(06-16-2021, 09:04 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 09:02 AM)Ossian Wrote: Andrew Neil, what a twat that bloke is.

Today I'll be interrupting [insert name of guest] every few seconds and by the end of the interview you'll be none the wiser and resent the time you'll never get back. Did I mention the bloke's a twat?

Did like him humiliating Ben Shapiro though.

Shapiro humiliated himself. Neil just sat there and let him.