RUGBY
(03-20-2021, 11:18 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 11:05 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 11:02 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 10:34 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 10:33 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Why?

He hates Rugby because a Rugby player stole his girlfriend at uni.

Not true... but don't let facts get in the way of your narrative Birdy.

Sorry Sol couldn't resist.  Big Grin

Seriously though. I don't go on every cricket post to say how dumb a sport that is.

The beauty of cricket compared to the ugliness of 'catch for mutant joggers'?
You are beyond redemption.

+1 though.

Cricket is a truly wonderful thing.
Never got into Cricket.

But I don't mock those that do, same with any sport.
Isn’t the enjoyment of sport a purely subjective and personal thing? There are millions who hate football yet we’re all on here most of the day.

There are sports I like and sports I can’t stand, but something I will never understand is people’s need to click on a thread called “Rugby” or “Cricket” just to tell people they have no interest or even actively dislike the topic being discussed. I mean, isn’t that the height of narcissism? To think that people need to know that you have no interest in a subject?
(03-20-2021, 11:28 PM)Duffers Wrote: Isn’t the enjoyment of sport a purely subjective and personal thing? There are millions who hate football yet we’re all on here most of the day.

There are sports I like and sports I can’t stand, but something I will never understand is people’s need to click on a thread called “Rugby” or “Cricket” just to tell people they have no interest or even actively dislike the topic being discussed. I mean, isn’t that the height of narcissism? To think that people need to know that you have no interest in a subject?

Exactly.

It's very strange.
(03-20-2021, 11:28 PM)Duffers Wrote: Isn’t the enjoyment of sport a purely subjective and personal thing? There are millions who hate football yet we’re all on here most of the day.

Of course.

But there's another agenda here. Apparently a bloke lost his missus?

I can't stand horse racing for instance but I've never hijacked a racing thread to say so. There again I've never had a partner nabbed by a jockey.
(03-20-2021, 11:30 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Of course.

I can't stand horse racing for instance but I've never hijacked a racing thread to say so. There again I've never had a partner nabbed by a jockey.

They were already with a jockey, that’s why.
(03-20-2021, 11:43 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 11:30 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Of course.

They were already with a jockey, that’s why.

Ah! Fuck! Good point!  Big Grin
(03-20-2021, 10:32 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Rugby union....the only sport I'm delighted to see England lose at.

So you tell everyone.

Time and again.

Time and again.

Seems like an obsession.
(03-20-2021, 11:47 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 10:32 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Rugby union....the only sport I'm delighted to see England lose at.

So you tell everyone.

Time and again.

Time and again.

Seems like an obsession.

He lost a good woman to the sport.

Be sympathetic.
Just to let this rest, I have never lost a girlfriend to a rugger bugger....but believe what you will.
I quite like rugby league but am not a fan of union.
I understand that it is the peoples'game in Wales and parts of France.
I have Welsh mates who are truly passionate about it.
In Wales they come out of the mines to play it as opposed to the Range Rovers.