Match fred
(03-07-2021, 02:04 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Allardyce was appointed to keep us up with us 3 points off safety at the time. He's been a massive failure.

Ever heard of ratios?
I havent been on all game as my IPTv was about 4 mins behind.

I am gob smacked, well no, I am not actually, that there's so much BFS bashing going on.

We pressed high, played good football and tried to attack from start to finish. The reality is, as it has been all season is we are just a little bit short of quality.
(03-07-2021, 02:10 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: I havent been on all game as my IPTv was about 4 mins behind.

I am gob smacked, well no, I am not actually, that there's so much BFS bashing going on.

We pressed high, played good football and tried to attack from start to finish. The reality is, has it has been all season is we are just a little bit short of quality.

We haven’t scored enough. It’s a shame. We needed to mix up a few games up front, and not just depend on diagne for 90 minutes. The midfield and defence are both SO far improved. I think a lot of morons on here expect miracles.  I think we were way way off the pace enough early on to warrant an expectation of relegation.
(03-07-2021, 02:08 PM)aj21 Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 02:04 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 01:52 PM)aj21 Wrote: Big Sam - fuck off now you tactically inept cunt.

That’s the kind of post that is the worst of social media. We’re fed up, inevitably going down, but stay off social media if that’s the best you can do! 

Fact is we’ve a weak squad and blew it a month ago. Only an amazing run could have saved us and we’re not capable. 

Allardyce got in Yokuslu so fair play. If Diagne had been at the races we would have won that. It’s fine margins.

It’s not the worst of social media. I can’t stand the bloke, he’s a horrible man and should never have been appointed. He’s done absolutely nothing that anyone else couldn’t have done. We were always going to struggle but we aren’t even close to scrapping for it. The apathy towards him sums up our club. As a club we are in an abyss, team full of loan players, a manager that won’t be here next season and owners who aren’t interested. But we should just shrug our shoulders and just say we aren’t good enough.
That’s a bit more like it. 

No we’re not in the abyss. We are going down with parachute payments. Look 8 miles up the road to Birmingham if you want perspective.

We went into the season with a weak squad and Allardyce has strengthened us, but it’s too big a task. 

We’ll be strong in the Championship next season. Without the promotion things would have been far worse.
We weren't quite good enough at the beginning of the season, and although we've improved, we're still not good enough.

Lots of huffing and puffing today, but we never looked like scoring.

Sam has made us more difficult to breakdown, but in a must win game, he should have thrown caution to the wind with 25 minutes or so left. To leave it until 10 minutes to go before making any changes was the wrong call.
(03-07-2021, 02:18 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: We weren't quite good enough at the beginning of the season, and although we've improved, we're still not good enough.

Lots of huffing and puffing today, but we never looked like scoring.

Sam has made us more difficult to breakdown, but in a must win game, he should have thrown caution to the wind with 25 minutes or so left. To leave it until 10 minutes to go before making any changes was the wrong call.

Agreed. We need to mix it up a bit more as teams get tired.
We’ve improved hell of a lot in the last month since Sam’s men have come in.Fitness levels are far higher.
Just a lack of quality in the box has probably cost us 4/5 points over these last few games otherwaise we’d be back in the mix. Mathematically it’s not over but it looks ominous.
I for one would like him to stay on next season and spearhead our promotion push.
(03-07-2021, 01:52 PM)aj21 Wrote: Big Sam - fuck off now you tactically inept cunt.

That’s the kind of post that is the worst of social media. We’re fed up, inevitably going down, but stay off social media if that’s the best you can do! 

Fact is we’ve a weak squad and blew it a month ago. Only an amazing run could have saved us and we’re not capable. 

Allardyce got in Yokuslu so fair play. If Diagne had been at the races we would have won that. It’s fine margins.

It’s not the worst of social media. I can’t stand the bloke, he’s a horrible man and should never have been appointed. He’s done absolutely nothing that anyone else couldn’t have done. We were always going to struggle but we aren’t even close to scrapping for it. The apathy towards him sums up our club. As a club we are in an abyss, team full of loan players, a manager that won’t be here next season and owners who aren’t interested. But we should just shrug our shoulders and just say we aren’t good enough.

You called him a cunt and a horrible man. I take it you know him personally.

Listen mate, if Albion wind you up that much then it may be best to find alternative pursuits.
(03-07-2021, 02:31 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

You called him a cunt and a horrible man. I take it you know him personally.

Listen mate, if Albion wind you up that much then it may be best to find alternative pursuits.

See how he lost the England job to what sort of man he is
Squad has never been good enough, it’s better than it was but there has simply been far too much to do. Never expected anything but relegation from the moment the transfer window shut in the summer.