VAR Farce
2 possible reds not even looked at. A definite yellow for handball that stopped an attack.

It’s also difficult to celebrate any goal properly because of waiting for VAR. I feckin hate it.

Although a Diagne was deemed offside,the ball was played by an Everton defender then a scramble then the shot to score. It’s a ridiculous rule,not just today but for a lot of teams. If they want to encourage attacking football they need to go back to clear daylight for an offside.
I hate VAR as much as anybody. But the lino flagged this one offside. Cant moan at that one.
(03-04-2021, 08:08 PM)MrFizz Wrote: I hate VAR as much as anybody. But the lino flagged this one offside. Cant moan at that one.

I said we need the ‘daylight’ rule, it’s getting ridiculous with a toe or hand offside.
(03-04-2021, 08:08 PM)MrFizz Wrote: I hate VAR as much as anybody. But the lino flagged this one offside. Cant moan at that one.

Aye. Must have looked more offside in real-time as Keane had pushed up.
It would have been nice to see it again, WHEN THE BALL WAS PLAYED. No good drawing lines everywhere when we don't have the ball in the picture. Anyway, we all said we wanted to give it a go and tonight, Albion did that.
Correct decision, but being able to spot that toe protruding beyond the line is incredible. We should be using that guy to find quasars in deep space rather running him up and down a spittle-covered strip of grass waving a flag.
I agree on the clear daylight point.But unfortunately that's not the current laws and the officials have to follow the rules as they are not the ones we would like. And sadly under the current rules that was offside.

Not sure I saw any red card incidents tonight, certainly Gomez should have been yellow carded for the handball.

I would be annoyed if one of our players was sent off for the Calvert Lewis incident.
(03-04-2021, 08:10 PM)HugeHons Wrote:

I said we need the ‘daylight’ rule, it’s getting ridiculous with a toe or hand offside.

I would agree that small stuff like that isn't what 'offside' was introduced as a law to prevent. But whatever the rule is, there will always be times when it comes down to millimetres (or 'fine margins' as our mate Don likes to call it). Big Grin
(03-04-2021, 08:14 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I agree on the clear daylight point.But unfortunately that's not the  current  laws  and the officials have to follow the rules as they are not the ones we would like. And sadly under the current rules that was offside.

Not sure I saw any red card incidents tonight, certainly Gomez should have been yellow carded for the handball.

I would be annoyed if one of our players was sent off for the Calvert Lewis incident.

The Pereira sending off was definitely annoying.

They didn’t even review it, that’s probably the biggest point.

Gomes should clearly have been booked for a deliberate handball, don’t know what the ref was thinking other than it was the wrong shirt to book.  Then he doesn’t even give a foul for the “tackle” on AMN. Could easily have been a second yellow.

Can’t complain about O’Shea and Furlong bookings, just surprised (shouldn’t be really) at what they got away with.  

Would have liked to have seen a couple of angles on the offside, the usually draw up the body to determine if the player is leaning further than the forward’s foot.  Decided not to tonight, very quick decision, much like the second penalty for Brighton when Townsend clearly won the ball...

(03-04-2021, 08:16 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 08:10 PM)HugeHons Wrote:

I would agree that small stuff like that isn't what 'offside' was introduced as a law to prevent. But whatever the rule is, there will always be times when it comes down to millimetres (or 'fine margins' as our mate Don likes to call it). Big Grin
If it’s a daylight rule they’ll be measuring for mm of daylight, or not depending upon who has scored or conceded.

Corruption or an institutional bias I’m not sure which, but it most certainly exists.
滚开赖
My son showed me a photo from twitter where the defenders upper body was playing Diagne onside!

It’s time to change the offside rule to clear daylight