Dry January
I'm happy to say I had a fair heap on Friday.

We passed our sales target for Feb and to celebrate got a nice bottle of vino, where we had a glass with our dinner. I then did a Zoom with my mate, with 5 bottles of ale, and to celebrate, with me being in a good mood, I had a cigar (first for about 2 years, meant for the father-in-law at Christmas, but we know what happened there) and then I polished off the last 3 glasses of wine, going to bed about 2am.

Saturday evening, I had 4 more bottles, but went to bed after Match of the Day.

Though, as ever, I just stick to the weekend, and won't have anymore until Friday.

A few beers as a weekend treat is great, but really don't think you appreciate it otherwise, and judging by how I felt on Saturday, until about 4pm, it's bloody grim on the constitution.
Was dry through Feb, same coming up for March. Longest run dry since around 1989 for me.
Did 3 weeks dry in Jan to kickstart a post-xmas weight loss which is going pretty well. February was reasonably boozy as it was my birthday as well as a couple of mates. Another friends who works for a local wine wholesaler has also been dumping stock on us regularly! We've had about 12 bottles of barely passable chalet rose (most of which we've still got) and a few bottles of decent stuff with one glass gone from it left over from tastings. As a result we fell back into the habit of a couple of glasses of wine of an evening which isn't much in of itself but does add up.

March is going to be much quieter! Although I have spent about 400e on whisky in the past couple of weeks....
I'm still dry. Can't believe I've managed it tbh. Today I've bought some 0.00% lager for the first time as I've only been on water and soft drinks so far.

Going to keep going now and see how far I can go.
(03-01-2021, 05:54 PM)Peachy Wrote: I'm still dry. Can't believe I've managed it tbh. Today I've bought some 0.00% lager for the first time as I've only been on water and soft drinks so far.

Which one are you going with?
I’ve tried pretty much all of them in the last 12 months... there’s only a couple that are worth even tasting.
(03-01-2021, 12:47 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: 1st March today. Anyone else still going??

Yes. To local shops and supermarkets for refills. Cheers for asking.
(03-01-2021, 04:33 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 04:16 PM)Everything Zin Wrote: Think of all the damage you’re doing to your local breweries, distilleries, wineries. Surely a damaged liver is a worthwhile sacrifice.

And if you want to purchase some superb California Cabernet, give me a call ( though freight, tax and high wine price may be off- putting.

Posted on behalf of those of us whose livelihoods depend on reliable piss heads ..... sorry, that should read ‘responsible drinkers’

I look forward to the day I can visit California again, and collect the wine myself. I shall, of course, ensure I don't breach duty free limits   Smile Smile

Feel free to visit us ...... as long as you tip well.
(03-01-2021, 05:57 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 05:54 PM)Peachy Wrote: I'm still dry. Can't believe I've managed it tbh. Today I've bought some 0.00% lager for the first time as I've only been on water and soft drinks so far.

Which one are you going with?
I’ve tried pretty much all of them in the last 12 months... there’s only a couple that are worth even tasting.

I did try a Peroni one once and it wasn’t too bad. However it was 27c outside, the beer was frozen within and inch of its life and I bollocked it down in about 3 seconds. Hope this helps.
(03-01-2021, 06:18 PM)Everything Zin Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 04:16 PM)Everything Zin Wrote: Think of all the damage you’re doing to your local breweries, distilleries, wineries. Surely a damaged liver is a worthwhile sacrifice.

And if you want to purchase some superb California Cabernet, give me a call ( though freight, tax and high wine price may be off- putting.

Posted on behalf of those of us whose livelihoods depend on reliable piss heads ..... sorry, that should read ‘responsible drinkers’

I look forward to the day I can visit California again, and collect the wine myself. I shall, of course, ensure I don't breach duty free limits   Smile Smile

Which part of Cali are you in??
(03-01-2021, 07:33 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 06:18 PM)Everything Zin Wrote:

Which part of Cali are you in??
Live in Napa, work in Sonoma - it can be a tough life.