Begum
[Image: GettyImages-1178357847.jpg]
The question was whether the right to a fair trial outweighed the risk to national security. Court of Appeal thought it did, Supreme Court thought it didn't. How much risk a 21 yr old girl who would most likely be locked up would pose is questionable but Priti's gonna Priti I guess.

It's difficult not to feel some sympathy for a vulnerable teenager who was groomed online to join a cult and become a sex slave. She'll most likely be imprisoned in Syria for the foreseeable future, which suits no one.
(02-26-2021, 11:48 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: She'll most likely be imprisoned in Syria for the foreseeable future, which suits no one.

I suspect that will suit most of us down to the ground. I creates a super precedent too.
The right are really vocal about grooming until its a brown girl involved.
(02-26-2021, 12:49 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: The right are really vocal about grooming until its a brown girl involved.

Their policy on deportation also seems quite fluid...
(02-26-2021, 12:50 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:49 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: The right are really vocal about grooming until its a brown girl involved.

I don't want to assume you're not, but imagine you're a first or second generation immigrant seeing someone having their citizenship revoked at the drop of a hat.

She was born, raised and schooled here, she is very much our problem. Why should another country have to deal with her.
(02-26-2021, 12:51 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Why should another country have to deal with her.

She made herself another country's problem.
(02-26-2021, 01:15 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:51 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Why should another country have to deal with her.

So you're anti-deportation? Whichever country a criminal turns up in is the one that should deal with them? A surprising viewpoint to be sure
(02-26-2021, 12:51 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:50 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:

I don't want to assume you're not, but imagine you're a first or second generation immigrant seeing someone having their citizenship revoked at the drop of a hat.

She was born, raised and schooled here, she is very much our problem. Why should another country have to deal with her.
Why as a tax payer should  we give her a nice cell to chill in when she can rot in a wet cold field luckily for her the weather is changing and the summer is on the horizon.... Bangladesh told her she isn't welcome and fair play to the courts.......
(02-26-2021, 01:23 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 01:15 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

So you're anti-deportation? Whichever country a criminal turns up in is the one that should deal with them? A surprising viewpoint to be sure

She's a special case, as is everyone else who joined an anti-civilisation death cult.

They all turned their back on the rule of law and every other liberal value when they joined IS.

She was perfectly happy to make her bed. Actions have consequences.