Allardyce and our defence
One of Allardyce's main strengths is supposed to be improving sides defensively. 

If you look at Bilic's last 10 games before getting sacked

0 goals conceded - 2 times
1 goal conceded - 4 times
2 goals conceded - 3 times
3+ goal conceded  - 1 time

So there's only one game where we take a battering, and that was when we were down to 10 men against Crystal Palace in which we competed in well until the sending off. 

In Bilic's last 10 games we concede either 0 goals or 1 goal in SIX matches. 

Allardyce's 10 league games in charge

0 goals conceded - 0 times
1 goal conceded - 1 time
2 goals conceded - 5 times
3+ goals conceded - 4 times

Since Allardyce has taken over we have conceded at least 2 goals in every game except for Liverpool, I haven't even included the cup game against Blackpool where we conceded 2 goals.

So while we can debate that we need better defenders and defensive midfielders and that's true, that doesn't excuse the piss poor job that Sam Allardyce has done so far.
I recall that when we appointed Allardarse, my lad said, `we have rubbish defenders and no defensive midfielders, why appoint a manager who plays defensive football?`
Whilst I thoroughly agree that Allardyce has failed to improve the defence, he has also been very unfortunate in terms of just how much more clinical teams have been in games against us.

Since he came in, we’ve actually not been conceding many more clear cut chances and teams haven’t necessarily been causing us more problems, they’ve just been far more efficient in front of goal... the xG for goals against us has barely moved, we’ve just been on the end of a few thrashings where teams have significantly upped their finishing... Leeds at home for example had an xG of about 1.3... they just managed to score every chance that fell to them!
Under BFS we played free scoring arsenal and Leeds that nearly every shot they had they scored more or less superb goals.
We were shite under Bilic.

We’ve gotten worse under Allardyce.
Different Organ Grinder, same fucking Monkeys.

[Image: organ-grinder.jpg?w=640]
It's been a disaster from day one that he walked through the door, what Lai or Dowling were thining is beyond me, never going to work

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
The way I see it is that we were too easy to play against under Bilic and leaked too many sloppy goals. We bought Sam in to get more out of the players we have as he has done elsewhere, and add a couple of his own. He knew the squad he was inheriting, knew what the budget was and took the job anyway, so saying the players aren't good enough is just a cop out. I don't blame Allardyce for the mess we are in, but he has absolutely added to it. We are even easier to play against and leak even more sloppy goals
(02-10-2021, 03:57 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Under BFS we played free scoring arsenal and Leeds that nearly every shot they had they scored more or less superb goals.

The object of defending is to prevent chances being created in the first place.   If you prevent chances you prevent goals, simple.  Sometimes a 30 yd shot goes in the top corner and you can't do much about that. 

1.  Deny space and mark people tightly;
2.  Tackle or block people with the ball especially if they're running towards your goal
3.  Don't ball watch

If you watch every one of the 9 scored you refer to,  none of the above happened. 

Sunday;
1st goal - Kane left unmarked in the penalty area - where was Ajayi? 
2nd goal - any other defender in the prem would have fouled the Spurs player in his own half but Bartley is so kind to let him run past avoiding any contact whatsoever - bunch of fucking pussies.  The only one who got stuck in was Peltier - loved the way he yanked Son to the floor in the first half by his throat. 

We are far too nice - Ajayi and Bartley are bloody fairies.
(02-10-2021, 03:57 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Under BFS we played free scoring arsenal and Leeds that nearly every shot they had they scored more or less superb goals.

Not true for Arsenal. They had 21 shots, 12 on target according to BBC stats.