Benteke
Deeney had a good game yesterday, apparently.
I thought he was nailed on for us on a free.
But that's all gone quiet.
I would take Benteke in a heartbeat. Out of all the strikers we have been linked with for me he is the best. I think his stile of play would suit Pereira and a winger or wingback. He is proven in the premiership where as the others linked are not and may take awhile to get up to speed.
(01-23-2021, 12:39 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Always scores against us. Maybe he could turn the tables and score a few for us.

Really?   Before the 1-5, when did he last score against us then CIM?
It's not just about how good a player is, it's about what you need and how they'd fit in the team ( I.e. MAF as has been mentioned) On that basis I'd not be against it, from what I've seen of him this season he does seem to have improved a bit whilst not near how he played for the vile.
(01-23-2021, 01:09 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 12:39 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Always scores against us. Maybe he could turn the tables and score a few for us.

Got the winner in that dire 1-2 under Pulis. Scored a good un in a 2-2 home draw under SC
(01-23-2021, 01:17 PM)TartanRug Wrote: It's not just about how good a player is, it's about what you need and how they'd fit in the team ( I.e. MAF as has been mentioned) On that basis I'd not be against it, from what I've seen of him this season he does seem to have improved a bit whilst not near how he played for the vile.
Great post. Shame Bilic didn’t see that when chasing Grant.
(01-23-2021, 01:19 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

Got the winner in that dire 1-2 under Pulis. Scored a good un in a 2-2 home draw under SC

There is no way we will be willing to take on his wages unless it’s a loan and Palace take on the majority of his wage. Problem for me is him taking up the loan spot. I do feel that under the right management he could do ok with us, but it appears to be an expensive option when we don’t have any money.
He has been so poor on the last few occasions I've seen him that I'm not sure he'd be any use at all. He is totally unrecognisable to that beast that tormented us in the 4-3 at villa that dark. wet, terrible night.
Although he's never been the best technically I always thought he was effective. But following his move to Liverpool it looked as though he lost his hunger.

Interesting to read comments stating his ability to hold  the ball up and bring others into the game. Those are two things he's been unable to do on anything approaching a consistent basis during his time at Palace.

One of the most common place comments I hear about him during match snippets on the radio is that he needs to get more involved. If he's interested in getting himself into gear then I don't see any harm taking him until the end of the season.

If we get the disinterested lump that's been eating into the Palace wage bill it'll be one hell of an expensive and embarrassing mistake. Whatever happens don't judge him on his performance against us because he won't be coming up against the defence of that day were he playing for us.

Very wary.
(01-23-2021, 01:19 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

You mean the 0-2 in 2017?  He didn't - Zaha and Townsend scored.   The 2-2 was 2013 under SC.   

Before this season and since coming to England he's scored 3 goals against us whilst playing for the Seals which was 6-8 yrs ago.  

He never scored against us when playing for Liverpool or Palace apart from the recent two in the 1-5.