More chances at Anfield than Liverpool
I have a work colleague who took the piss out of us for parking the bus against Man City even though we got a point. He knows feck all about football, he supports Huddersfield after supporting Man U a few years before,and he doesn’t know a full back is also a right/left back.
It becomes even more satisfying after seeing what Liverpool did to Palace last week......
Last 2 away games were against one the richest clubs in the world and one of the best clubs in the world and we are unbeaten enjoy it .
I liiked we were looking to counter-attack more quickly and with purpose.  Never mind the Grant chance, we had enough chances to win that game with the right final ball/decision.
(12-27-2020, 07:00 PM)Sliced Wrote: Did anyone come away from that thinking

"Nah I didn't enjoy it, it was boring"?

Personally I thought it was brilliant

To be fair I thought it was boring first half, the game was very one sided.

Second half was a totally different affair. We played ad well as could be expected. It was a ral pleasure to  watch.
(12-27-2020, 06:41 PM)clem4england Wrote: No not some soft-footed tippy tappy pussies, but Big Fat Sam's barmy army. 

All the soft-footed tippy tappy pussies got steamrollered by them over the last few years by the way.

Liverpool (1.76) 1-1 (0.76) West Brom
(12-27-2020, 07:49 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 06:41 PM)clem4england Wrote: No not some soft-footed tippy tappy pussies, but Big Fat Sam's barmy army. 

All the soft-footed tippy tappy pussies got steamrollered by them over the last few years by the way.

We had three shots on target, they had two and barring a brilliant save off SJ at the end he had very little to do, so how does this bollocks work?.
If that doesn't prove how stupid using xG as a stat in isolation is, nothing will.

Like all stats, it needs others and context and doesn't mean one team was better than the other in amy way.
(12-27-2020, 07:53 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 07:49 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

We had three shots on target, they had two and barring a brilliant save off SJ at the end he had very little to do, so how does this bollocks work?.

One thing I don't get is the .number bit. You can't score 1.76 goals or 0.76 goals. You either score a goal or you don't, or you create a chance where you really should have scored (i.e. you expected that chance to end in a goal). So I expected Liverpool to have scored two from the quality of their chances and us to have scored two from the quality of our chances (unless our actual goal wasn't a chance where we expected to score, like our surprise equaliser at Man City).
The bookies do a similar thing.  give odds on a team scoring more than 2.5 goals  etc