Ryanair
It’s the sex tourists I feel most for.

How are you supposed to ever get laid if you can’t fly to Eastern Europe with a bag full of Zlotys and some great life advice to dispense?
(12-22-2020, 10:35 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: If you paid on a credit card, look into issuing a chargeback through section 75.

This is a good bit of advice. 

I tend to pay for anything that's costs more than £50 on my credit card just for that added bit of protection and peace of mind.
(12-23-2020, 08:24 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 10:35 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: If you paid on a credit card, look into issuing a chargeback through section 75.

I tend to pay for anything that's costs more than £50 on my credit card just for that added bit of protection and peace of mind.

Can I post about when the halifax tried to screw my elderly mother over and I got her to recite the act?

Don’t want to be accused of lying even though I’ve worked in financial services since 1988.

I pay for everything on a credit card as it's a piece of piss to change, and they never quibble when your card inevitably gets skimmed (which especially prevalent overseas). Saves having to switch all your direct debits over, too.
(12-23-2020, 09:04 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Can I post about when the halifax tried to screw my elderly mother over and I got her to recite the act?

Don’t want to be accused of lying even though I’ve worked in financial services since 1988.

Go for it. 

On the same theme on advice from a works colleague I used the resolver website to send an email to Halifax quoting some spiel from laws about miss-selling and what not as I'd had one of their rewards accounts that you pay for (for over 10 years).

They tried to call me a couple of times and left VM's (which the colleague advised to ignore).

Checked my account a couple of days later and they'd refunded me all fees I'd ever paid for the account plus interest (which amounted to about £2.5k).

Worth trying if you have a valid reason for feeling you were miss-sold the account ( which I did - honest!).
(12-23-2020, 09:22 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 09:04 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Go for it. 

On the same theme on advice from a works colleague I used the resolver website to send an email to Halifax quoting some spiel from laws about miss-selling and what not as I'd had one of their rewards accounts that you pay for (for over 10 years).

They tried to call me a couple of times and left VM's (which the colleague advised to ignore).

Checked my account a couple of days later and they'd refunded me all fees I'd ever paid for the account plus interest (which amounted to about £2.5k).

Worth trying if you have a valid reason for feeling you were miss-sold the account ( which I did - honest!).

Thanks Pidge.  

My mom was in Shirley and used an ATM to withdraw cash using her debit card.  She noticed a woman was a bit close to her when she took the card and cash to walk away.  Ten minutes later in another shop when she went to pay she noticed her purse wasn’t there. 

Her debit card was put into an ATM in the meantime and the max cash withdrawal amount taken. They they tried her credit card for £10 cash at the same ATM using the same PIN and bingo. Same number. They then went to the nearby Argos and Max’d out the credit card on large screen TVs etc.

The Halifax told my mom she was liable for the loss. I got my mom to write down what I told her, quoting the act and that she was only liable for the first £50 and that if they didn’t take the transactions off the account she would go to the financial ombudsman.  On hearing this they said “just one moment mrs FF”
They came back and said “we’re going to remove the transactions off your account”

What wankers!!  They know the CCA and were clearly giving incorrect information. I wonder how many people they’ve ripped off with that approach. The theft was for around £5k they were trying to pass on to my mom. What c**ts.
Shirley? You can't be serious.
(12-23-2020, 08:01 PM)Duffers Wrote: It’s the sex tourists I feel most.

How are you supposed to ever get laid if you can’t fly to Eastern Europe with a bag full of Zlotys and some great life advice to dispense?

Edited for you.
(12-23-2020, 08:01 PM)Duffers Wrote: It’s the sex tourists I feel most for.

Give it a rest you bald headed little cunt. PM me if you want to meet. If not, keep it quiet you little loud mouthed cunt.
(12-23-2020, 10:19 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 08:01 PM)Duffers Wrote: It’s the sex tourists I feel most for.

Give it a rest you bald headed little cunt. PM me if you want to meet. If not, keep it quiet you little loud mouthed cunt.

You think everything’s about you....