Tomahawk
FNM
Fu Manchu
Kvelertak
Pixies
Orange Goblin
Pantera/Mark Lanegan/Stones/Soundgarden/Tilts/Therapy/can't decide
(10-30-2020, 06:23 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 05:17 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Albarn projects (Blur/Gorillaz/TGTBTQ etc.)
NOFX
Orbital
Depeche Mode
Foos
Human League
Green Day
Soulwax
The 1975
Nirvana

Soulwax is a fantastic pick Hawks. Would have liked to have found room for them in my list.

I did have a feeling you would spot that   Cool

I think I saw them twice at the Civic about 18-20 years back (once I went moshing with a recently dislocated shoulder - bad idea Hawks). Then once again after they released E-talking. Which confirmed 100% that Brummies are as dull, shit, gormless, disinterested and boring audience any band could hope to play. 

They only just edged any number of brilliant bands, who could look at my top ten and feel aggrieved (as if they care)! But, as a band, they are as creative and eclectic as most. The recording of the album From Deewee from start to finish - in one take - is astonishing talent.
(10-30-2020, 06:06 PM)baggpuss Wrote: Clash
Ramones
Joy Division
Pixies
Wedding Present
Placebo
The Men They Couldn't Hang
Silversun Pickups
Smashing Pumpkins
Johnny Cash

And many more!
Silversun Pickups - interesting. Not heard any of their recent stuff apart from the awful Toy Soldiers but some of the older ones like Lazy Eye are superb.
Joy Division
New Order
Radiohead
Blur
Leftfield
ELO
Chemical Bros
Gene
The Travelling Band
The Murder Capital
(10-30-2020, 06:50 PM)richbaggie Wrote: Joy Division
New Order
Radiohead
Blur
Leftfield
ELO
Chemical Bros
Gene
The Travelling Band
The Murder Capital
Blimey, that’s a username from the past, you ok Rich
Wire
Pixies
Joy Division
Manics
Van Morrison
Slits
The Fall
Magazine
White Stripes
PJ Harvey
(10-30-2020, 06:42 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 06:06 PM)baggpuss Wrote: Clash
Ramones
Joy Division
Pixies
Wedding Present
Placebo
The Men They Couldn't Hang
Silversun Pickups
Smashing Pumpkins
Johnny Cash

And many more!
Silversun Pickups - interesting. Not heard any of their recent stuff apart from the awful Toy Soldiers but some of the older ones like Lazy Eye are superb.

Went to see them for the first time at The Barfly on the strength of seeing that on Jools - a brilliant song and always excellent live!
(10-30-2020, 06:34 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 06:23 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 05:17 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Albarn projects (Blur/Gorillaz/TGTBTQ etc.)
NOFX
Orbital
Depeche Mode
Foos
Human League
Green Day
Soulwax
The 1975
Nirvana

Soulwax is a fantastic pick Hawks. Would have liked to have found room for them in my list.

I did have a feeling you would spot that   Cool

I think I saw them twice at the Civic about 18-20 years back (once I went moshing with a recently dislocated shoulder - bad idea Hawks). Then once again after they released E-talking. Which confirmed 100% that Brummies are as dull, shit, gormless, disinterested and boring audience any band could hope to play. 

They only just edged any number of brilliant bands, who could look at my top ten and feel aggrieved (as if they care)! But, as a band, they are as creative and eclectic as most. The recording of the album From Deewee from start to finish - in one take - is astonishing talent.

I’d already named three hipster, beard stroking acts in my ten, couldn’t justify another.

Seen them in their various guises and projects dozens of times down the years (Soulwax, Nite Versions, 2manydjs, Despacio) but their best work IMO is just as a band.

Any Minute Now would be a challenger for my top ten records.
(10-30-2020, 06:50 PM)richbaggie Wrote: Joy Division
New Order
Radiohead
Blur
Leftfield
ELO
Chemical Bros
Gene
The Travelling Band
The Murder Capital

Gene are a cracking band. Saw them at Kentish Town probably 1998 and the crowd was mental. Great night. I only got into them as a pal of mine was a fan but the audience seemed to know all the lyrics to most of their songs. Too See The Lights was in my six CD changer for years.
The Who
Led Zeppelin
The Jam
Blondie
10 CC
Madness
Bowie
Hall & Oates
Squeeze
Thin Lizzy