Match thread
(10-26-2020, 06:19 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 06:19 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 06:17 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 06:16 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Pereira just isn't actually that good is he?

We aren't remotely good enough.

He's been awful today, but why let that override all the times he's been unplayable?

Absolutely this.

Birdy... You're better than that.

He's decent. Too good for the Championship, but pretty much every full back this season apart from Reece James has had him under control.

He's not a winger though. he's a wide playmaker who relies on runners giving hm passing options. This is what's letting us down.
(10-26-2020, 06:22 PM)Duffers Wrote: Reading this it seems like we need to welcome Grady and Pereira to spacegoat corner.

Is there room, it's getting crowded.

Might need to hire a hall with an annexe to accommodate them all.
Feel sorry for Grant. It's like watching Rondon under Pulis. Aimless balls pumped towards him or straight at a Brighton player to intercept.
(10-26-2020, 06:22 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Ivanovic has been flaky, Pereira and Diangana have been poor and when we do get a sight of goal we can't hit the target. I'm watching this and wondering what Bilic and co do on the training ground all week. The passing has been awful, unforced errors from everyone.

Thank God we have one of the best keepers in the Premiership. Our best player by far this season.
2 changes at HT.

Krov off to Robinson
Townsend off for Gibbs.

Put Pereira into the middle three put ahead of the other 2 and let the 3 front players roam.
(10-26-2020, 06:24 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 06:22 PM)Duffers Wrote: Reading this it seems like we need to welcome Grady and Pereira to spacegoat corner.

Is there room, it's getting crowded.

Might need to hire a hall with an annexe to accommodate them all.

It’s called trying to kid yourself that the squad is better than it is and just looking to blame honest players many of them out of their depth.
(10-26-2020, 06:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s almost like we haven’t spent £100m on players like Leeds have and have. We have a Championship squad playing in the Prem. we are going to struggle all season and more likely be relegated. Promotion saves the club from financial meltdown but that’s probably going to be the biggest positive.

Spot on Derek.
What better way of motivating the players than selling one of your better defenders. If he was sold behind Slav’s back what message does that send to the players.

Our transfer window is perhaps building a team for next season championship.
I think Bilic's time is almost up. It's not just this season. We've been crap since January truth be told.

If he can't motivate his players it's time for us to find someone who can
Nigel Pearson for me. I know he's an oddball but he'd do a job and give us a fighting chance
(10-26-2020, 06:23 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I do wish reading comprehension was better on here.

I said he isn't that good, as in, as good as we've been building him up to be. He's another Koumas / Dorrans. Excellent at the level below, looking a bit short in required attributes at this level. Age still on his side, and the rest of the team aren't helping, but even the basics are failing him.
Bullshit.
I hear the sound of reversing warning bleeps there.
You need to improve your writing comprehension if you want people to read that very simple statement differently.
(10-26-2020, 06:24 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 06:19 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 06:19 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 06:17 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 06:16 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Pereira just isn't actually that good is he?

We aren't remotely good enough.

He's been awful today, but why let that override all the times he's been unplayable?

Absolutely this.

Birdy... You're better than that.

He's decent. Too good for the Championship, but pretty much every full back this season apart from Reece James has had him under control.

He's not a winger though. he's a wide playmaker who relies on runners giving hm passing options. This is what's letting us down.

He's passing isn't that good though.

Great ability to split a defence but his general passing seems dodgy way too often.