Poll: How will you be watching v Burnley?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I’m paying for it
12.87%
13 12.87%
I’ll be watching via “alternative” means
43.56%
44 43.56%
I’ll be watching in the pub
8.91%
9 8.91%
Listening on the radio
15.84%
16 15.84%
Following online
16.83%
17 16.83%
Not watching/following at all
1.98%
2 1.98%
Total 101 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How will you be watching tomorrow? V2
As it will be my B'day I may be in a pub, if it is on I will watch it.

PS - They traditionally lose on my B'day!  Sad
(10-18-2020, 09:57 PM)baggpuss Wrote: As it will be my B'day I may be in a pub, if it is on I will watch it.

PS - They traditionally lose on my B'day!  Sad

Good authority that we'll get 6 and them none tomorrow bud!! Smile
(10-18-2020, 09:45 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 09:33 PM)HugeHons Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:38 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:37 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:30 PM)The liquidator Wrote: IPTV it's a no brainer still can't get my head around people paying sky.

Some people aren’t comfortable breaking the law. Not saying I take issue with it, but it’s definitely a consideration for some.

Is it more immoral than illegal? I know many who like to “beat the system”

No, it’s illegal. And if you don’t mind criminal gangs having your details and data, and the chance you may lose money then carry on. Also remember that this will hit the clubs too. Money destined for football goes to criminals.

What data can they have of mine?

(10-18-2020, 09:33 PM)HugeHons Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:38 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:37 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:30 PM)The liquidator Wrote: IPTV it's a no brainer still can't get my head around people paying sky.

Some people aren’t comfortable breaking the law. Not saying I take issue with it, but it’s definitely a consideration for some.

Is it more immoral than illegal? I know many who like to “beat the system”

No, it’s illegal. And if you don’t mind criminal gangs having your details and data, and the chance you may lose money then carry on. Also remember that this will hit the clubs too. Money destined for football goes to criminals.

What data can they have of mine?

Copied from a couple of articles I read about IPTV.

1. [b]Opening up your personal data to criminals.[/b] Unlike legitimate and household name IPTV providers, scammers don’t care about following GDPR and government directives on personal data security. [b]Your records could be shared or sold to other criminals or groups without you knowing anything about it.[/b] By giving away your bank and personal details to pay for an illegitimate IPTV subscription, you could be opening yourself up to a real risk of identity theft, loss of sensitive information including financial or banking details, scam emails, and phishing attacks.

2. [b]Malware, Phishing and Spyware.[/b] Illegal streaming platforms are now the number one online source of malicious software so you could be[b] putting yourself at great risk of inviting unwanted spyware into your devices when using illegal or illegitimate streaming subscription services[/b]. With access to the device, criminals could access any personal data or account details stored on the device but even more worryingly, they may also be able to hack your entire network. That’s pretty scary considering how many home devices connect to the internet these days: your TV, mobile phone, work laptop, and even your smartwatch. [b]Do you really want all your private information falling into the wrong hands?[/b]

3. [b] Crypto scams.[/b]  Many of you will have heard some sort of reference to crypto-currency by now and the issues associated with it (if you haven’t, I highly recommend listening to the podcast - The Missing Cryptoqueen for some background). Some sellers of cheap IPTV subscriptions listed on eBay may only accept crypto-currency payments for the services they offer, with [b]scammers actually taking significantly larger payments than you initially sign up for.[/b] Added to this, the spyware and malware mentioned above can also be used by criminals to steal your bank or cryptocurrency details, and with this opens you up to crypto-coin theft.

4. [b]You end up literally giving your money away.[/b] When illegal streamers are shut down by the police (or abandon the service altogether without warning), you won’t get your money back if the service ends with no warning - indeed for many scammers, the upfront payment is part of their strategy!

5. [b]Big business for gangs![/b]  Last year, police in Spain [b]arrested gang leaders running an illegal IPTV streaming business[/b], who had made €8 million on the scam since 2013. You may not appreciate the harm these products are causing you but at the end of the day, you don’t want to be funding organised crime and other people’s lavish lifestyles.
(10-18-2020, 07:49 PM)Duffers Wrote: As things stand only 14% of punters are prepared to pay. Now I know this is hardly a colossal sample size but we do have a pretty healthy mix of hardcore go every game home and away types, regulars, semi-regulars, casuals and those who would struggle to place West Bromwich on a map, yet alone know where the ground is. This allows a few assumptions - now these are fag packet maths only but decent enough to start a conversation...

West Brom v Burnley is not an attractive match to anyone outside of our respective fan bases. If it was a regular MNF match it wouldn’t get fantastic viewing figures, you get a few neutrals who will watch any match regardless of who is playing, but for 15 quid at 17.30 on a Monday it’s safe to say this one is for fans only.

We pull in roughly 20-22k fans per home game. Without wishing to start another second tier debate we might have 30k who want to watch us regularly. Then you have those who come less frequently, maybe a few games a season if that and those that watch us from a far...

Conservatively I would estimate our fan base in terms of individuals who would pay for this games at somewhere around 50k. If only 15% of that number pay then that’s only 7,500 paying punters. Burnley are broadly similar in terms of crowd size so let’s just assume their numbers are similar to ours. That’s 15k in total, let’s be generous and move that up to 20k when people change their mind at the last minute...

20k paying £15 is £300k in total. I don’t believe for a second that the club would keep all of that. The Premier League and the TV companies would take a hefty cut. My best bet would be that 50% of that revenue is shared between the two clubs. So that’s £75k in total, or about a week and a half of Ivanovic...

It's a disgrace to fans to play a game at 5-30. That's a time when most will still be working.
My son wants to watch it, but I would rather just let it pass and keep an eye on it online as I need to do work and make tea at that time. I'll run it past my wife, but I think £15 too much on top of paying our Virgin full sports package subscription. I get your anger Duffers at people adding to the problem but hard arguing the politics with an Albion mad 14 year old lad.
Very poor treatment to us and Burnley and don't understand why we couldn't have played over the weekend.
You make a really good point Spandeau.

What really irritates me is that we have the Monday 5.30 slot 3 weeks in a row.

It's a ridiculous time for football, and i can't understand why they can't fit an extra fixture in at another time slot over the weekend.

I suspect you won't see Liverpool, Man City, Man U, Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea playing at this time slot anytime soon. More like Us, Fulham, Sheff U, Burnley, Palace and Brighton. Totally unfair on supporters of these teams.
(10-19-2020, 08:34 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 07:49 PM)Duffers Wrote: As things stand only 14% of punters are prepared to pay. Now I know this is hardly a colossal sample size but we do have a pretty healthy mix of hardcore go every game home and away types, regulars, semi-regulars, casuals and those who would struggle to place West Bromwich on a map, yet alone know where the ground is. This allows a few assumptions - now these are fag packet maths only but decent enough to start a conversation...

West Brom v Burnley is not an attractive match to anyone outside of our respective fan bases. If it was a regular MNF match it wouldn’t get fantastic viewing figures, you get a few neutrals who will watch any match regardless of who is playing, but for 15 quid at 17.30 on a Monday it’s safe to say this one is for fans only.

We pull in roughly 20-22k fans per home game. Without wishing to start another second tier debate we might have 30k who want to watch us regularly. Then you have those who come less frequently, maybe a few games a season if that and those that watch us from a far...

Conservatively I would estimate our fan base in terms of individuals who would pay for this games at somewhere around 50k. If only 15% of that number pay then that’s only 7,500 paying punters. Burnley are broadly similar in terms of crowd size so let’s just assume their numbers are similar to ours. That’s 15k in total, let’s be generous and move that up to 20k when people change their mind at the last minute...

20k paying £15 is £300k in total. I don’t believe for a second that the club would keep all of that. The Premier League and the TV companies would take a hefty cut. My best bet would be that 50% of that revenue is shared between the two clubs. So that’s £75k in total, or about a week and a half of Ivanovic...

It's a disgrace to fans to play a game at 5-30. That's a time when most will still be working.
My son wants to watch it, but I would rather just let it pass and keep an eye on it online as I need to do work and make tea at that time. I'll run it past my wife, but I think £15 too much on top of paying our Virgin full sports package subscription. I get your anger Duffers at people adding to the problem but hard arguing the politics with an Albion mad 14 year old lad.
Very poor treatment to us and Burnley and don't understand why we couldn't have played over the weekend.

I get your point Spandau, but families with football mad kids, hardcore fans like wba13 who never miss a game... you are the people Sky et al are counting on to pay, they’re using your love for the club against you to profit themselves. You are precisely the people who shouldn’t pay.
(10-19-2020, 10:45 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 08:34 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

I get your point Spandau, but families with football mad kids, hardcore fans like wba13 who never miss a game... you are the people Sky et al are counting on to pay, they’re using your love for the club against you to profit themselves. You are precisely the people who shouldn’t pay.

I'm still contemplating cancelling BT Sport and NOW TV at the moment. Robbin' cnuts.
pub for me - could be a long night IF we win, as the dogheads are on after.
Decided to purchase the game as we actually potentially stand a chance of winning against Burnley with us being at home.

Can't be arsed to fiddle about with IPTV, or find a stream, where I can easily press a button and its on the TV.

£15 is a sucker punch to us legally paying customers of the Sky and BT packages though and a more amicable arrangement (less costly) for those whom are subscribers needs to be found. The top 6 are going to be on UK TV every week without fail so therefore those sets of fans aren't paying out an extra £15 a game. Therefore considering all our next games are PPV there is a massive disparity between TV selections, which there has always been, and that needs to be addressed if this PPV is going to continue.

I'd have probably gone tonight even if we were on TV, as mentioned above we have at least half a chance against Burnley, so cost wise I'm up, considering travel, booze and ticket cost for the evening. Thats the ethic I'm working on for this PPV tonight anyway.
I've already paid for my TV licence, Sky Sports, Amazon Prime, and a season ticket. If they think I'm paying out any more money they can do one.

I don't get home from work until 6, so I'd probably only see the second half properly as well.

Between PPV and 'Project Big Picture', I'm so pissed off with the Premiership in general I might not watch another of our games until we're allowed back in the ground.
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"