Lai
(10-05-2020, 05:12 PM)Squid Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 04:51 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: Coventry? Get a grip Spandau.

I’d normally say if you’re on the same side as China in an argument then you’re probably wrong, in this instance I think he’s right to say we should be questioning the owner.  When was the last time he came to a game?  We know he bought us to help PALM win eco-Town contracts from the government.  We were in essence a means to an end.

There’s no interest or longer term plan for the club, back to short term planning.  He’d do right to move us on ASAP and if a few people badgering him to do so helps then I’m all for that.

Maybe, if you can get enough leg room and seats together in the right place you can come down and tell him too.

BB, it’s not about whether we get relegated or not, it’s about having an absent owner who has no interest in us, to point where he still hasn’t paid his loan back.

Maybe if we set own expectation as low as not getting shafted and asset stripped then fair enough, we can be happy. I would like someone who has a little interest at least and maybe cares if we’re shit.  Let’s see what tonight and the 16th brings...
One of the jokers running the Blues turned up to a training session in full kit. Is that the sort of interest you want? 

I get that people would like to hear a bit more from the powers that be about the vision for the club. But they probably wouldn't like what they were subsequently told.

Well we’re a few players light so if he’s any good then why not Big Grin
(10-05-2020, 05:15 PM)TartanRug Wrote:

I’d normally say if you’re on the same side as China in an argument then you’re probably wrong, in this instance I think he’s right to say we should be questioning the owner.  When was the last time he came to a game?  We know he bought us to help PALM win eco-Town contracts from the government.  We were in essence a means to an end.

There’s no interest or longer term plan for the club, back to short term planning.  He’d do right to move us on ASAP and if a few people badgering him to do so helps then I’m all for that.

Maybe, if you can get enough leg room and seats together in the right place you can come down and tell him too.

BB, it’s not about whether we get relegated or not, it’s about having an absent owner who has no interest in us, to point where he still hasn’t paid his loan back.

Maybe if we set own expectation as low as not getting shafted and asset stripped then fair enough, we can be happy. I would like someone who has a little interest at least and maybe cares if we’re shit.  Let’s see what tonight and the 16th brings...

Good post. No one is asking for Sheikh mansour to take over. Just a fighting chance if staying up.

4 years ago we signed HRK as a free agent. The fact he's still one of our main strikers says it all really.

Nail on the head
(10-05-2020, 05:40 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

Good post. No one is asking for Sheikh mansour to take over. Just a fighting chance if staying up.

4 years ago we signed HRK as a free agent. The fact he's still one of our main strikers says it all really.

Nail on the head

We’ve wasted money too. Zohore and Austin have to put down as poor buys. For a club who aren’t the quickest nor the wealthiest at recruiting we needed to be promoted with a player of similar ability to Watkins. What I mean by that is we need to recruit a “Watkins” before he becomes a £28m player.

We can’t afford to “waste” money sadly we have. 

Lai isn’t a bad person
(10-05-2020, 05:44 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Nail on the head

We’ve wasted money too. Zohore and Austin have to put down as poor buys. For a club who aren’t the quickest nor the wealthiest at recruiting we needed to be promoted with a player of similar ability to Watkins. What I mean by that is we need to recruit a “Watkins” before he becomes a £28m player.

Lai isn’t a bad person

Lai isn't a football man. Accuse his advisors.

Austin stank of Lambert and Zohore at 8m! Really. Warnock must have been pissing himself.

I'd have loved Watkins but we'll out of our price range. I'm not keen on Grant but I'm now hoping it's him and not Gray. I'd take Deeney for a year in a heartbeat.
So, we’ve just got promoted but the usual suspects will stink the place out because we’re near the bottom 4 games in. Meanwhile they somehow expect a coup or something similar to get a billionaire in.
Fans from other clubs lurking must be loving this.
The number of brain cells between these posters must equal our average attendance so far this season.

(10-05-2020, 05:50 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Nail on the head

Lai isn’t a bad person

Austin stank of Lambert and Zohore at 8m! Really. Warnock must have been pissing himself.

I'd have loved Watkins but we'll out of our price range. I'm not keen on Grant but I'm now hoping it's him and not Gray. I'd take Deeney for a year in a heartbeat.

To be fair Nick there will be transfers we get wrong as all clubs do. Getting Pereira for 8m more than makes up for the mistakes and worth adding, as HRK gets mentioned, he did a decent job for us last season pre lockdown.

Nail on the head

Lai isn’t a bad person

Austin turned 0 points into 3 at St Andrews, 1 into 3 at Preston and 1 into 3 against Wednesday.

He came up with some key contributions last season, without which we’d be playing Barnsley this week.

We got our money’s worth from him.
(10-05-2020, 06:10 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: So, we’ve just got promoted but the usual suspects will stink the place out because we’re near the bottom 4 games in. Meanwhile they somehow expect a coup or something similar to get a billionaire in.
The number of brain cells between these posters must equal our average attendance so far this season.

(10-05-2020, 05:50 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 05:15 PM)TartanRug Wrote: Good post. No one is asking for Sheikh mansour to take over. Just a fighting chance if staying up.

Nail on the head

Lai isn’t a bad person

To be fair Nick there will be transfers we get wrong as all clubs do. Getting Pereira for 8m more than makes up for the mistakes and worth adding, as HRK gets mentioned, he did a decent job for us last season pre lockdown.

HRK has done a job but the fact he's still here speaks volumes.
(10-05-2020, 06:15 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Nail on the head

Lai isn’t a bad person

Austin turned 0 points into 3 at St Andrews, 1 into 3 at Preston and 1 into 3 against Wednesday.

He came up with some key contributions last season, without which we’d be playing Barnsley this week.

We got our money’s worth from him.

Not wrong, Duffers.

The problem wasn't signing him, the problem was not having any sort of plan to replace him in the event of promotion.
Austin wasnt a waste. Not as prolific as expected but without him we wouldn't be where we are.
(10-05-2020, 06:10 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: So, we’ve just got promoted but the usual suspects will stink the place out because we’re near the bottom 4 games in. Meanwhile they somehow expect a coup or something similar to get a billionaire in.

Getting personal is a sign of losing the argument.

Get over yourself, you jumped up failed journo.  You fancy yourself as some sort of bored voice of reason guru.  You’re not, just a verbose self appointed voice of reason unable to stick to the salient points.

There’s a huge difference between a trillionaire owner buying players for a billion pounds at a time and someone selling the metal off the seats to the local tatter.   It seems to be you struggling to comprehend that as a club, and Lai as an owner, could be doing a little more.

No mor, no less than that. It’s nothing to do with being 17th (Burnley do have a game in hand and better GD if you’re going down this route) after 4 games.  That’s you trying to deflect into a different argument. You should go into politics, that’s where most failures in the real world end up.