ooh la la
France now off the menu for 2020 summer hols.  

It’s so risky booking an overseas holiday at the moment, with travel insurance firms excluding Covid imposed restrictions from their policies.
My mate had just arrived to Paris on the Eurostar as they announced. Merde!
At least it's not come in with immediate effect like they did with Spain - though 24 hours is still unfair.
In reality, knowing there is little likelihood of anyone checking, how many people coming back from countries that require you to be quarantined will be staying at home and doing so? Very few, I'd expect. Most will just carry on as though they have not been away.
Neighbour cancelled his French holiday about 3 weeks ago- he said he can't quarantine as he runs a shop. Each to their own, but really can't see the point in a holiday this year as the atmosphere worldwide is so weird.
I sympathise with those who booked holidays a long while ago, but not for those who still have gone ahead in unprecedented times.
What baffles me is that they allow over a week for changes in face covering rules (which no doubt help reduce spread of the virus).....surely such changes could happen immediately? Yet they give so little time for people to get back from abroad.
I guess it is just another part of the new world we face under the Johnson / Cummings presidency.
(08-14-2020, 09:08 AM)Old Stroller Wrote: In reality, knowing there is little likelihood of anyone checking, how many people coming back from countries that require you to be quarantined will be staying at home and doing so? Very few, I'd expect. Most will just carry on as though they have not been away.

I’d guess it’s the quarantine in the country where people are visiting would be the difficult one to avoid being caught flouting the rules.
Is Greece and Croatia still “safe”?
I have sympathy for anyone suffering difficulties with holidays booked before the outbreak but anyone that booked since surely must have understood it was Russian Roulette to do so?
I just can't see the point in going away when pretty much everywhere will be lacking the atmosphere that makes s holiday and then there will be the local rules etc... Sounds like nowhere will be much fun. Kind of like watching Gould's Albion from Halfords Lane.