Poll: Quarter Final 1
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1972-74
60.34%
35 60.34%
2012-13
39.66%
23 39.66%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kit World Cup - Quarter Final 1
Here we are - the quarter final stage. First match is between two unfancied kits who have both done well to get this far:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/West_Bro...Albion.htm

1972-74: People seem to like that strange badge...

Versus

2012-13: Lukaku and more, the kit of our highest PL finish.
8-8 so far...
I really hate that weird badge.
Isn't it just a whopping big letter A (lower case) with a little throstle on it. Well, it was 1972 after all...
(08-10-2020, 12:55 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote: Isn't it just a whopping big letter A (lower case) with a little throstle on it.   Well, it was 1972 after all...

It's exactly that. It came at a time when lots of clubs decided to update their badges, the most famous example being Leeds with their 'smiley' logo. Bit of a fad really, much like the period in the early 90s where outlandish kit designs where all the rage for a while. We went with an 'a' for Albion.

I like ours.
I've just had a quick look into its origins, and it was apparently designed by a fan and submitted to the club. For the first few home games of 1972-73 we played in badgeless shirts, with the new design making its debut on our yellow away shirt at Newcastle on August 23rd. The first time I can find evidence of it on the blue and white shirt was at Southampton on 28th October.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks more like a Spartan's non-knob type helmet!
(08-10-2020, 11:23 AM)MassDebater Wrote: I really hate that weird badge.

me too. Can't believe this kit has got this far. Blue socks too. Terrible.
And we got relegated for about the first time in a century (I exaggerate I know, but it felt like it). What a time to be alive. I was only a little kid (7/8)-but the monumental shitness of 72/73 is mostly overlooked in favour of its big brother 85/86. We lost 4-0 at home to Crystal Palace in a must-win relegation clash FFS, before you get onto losing at home to Norwich in the last must-win home game of the season. How the hell Howe even survived the 71/72 clusterfuck only God knows-probably the tightness of the board-it came back to royally bite us on the arse and the late 70s might have panned out like the late 80s were it not for Giles. Still like the badge though-I'd proudly sport that on a T-shirt...
Have to admit, never thought I’d see that 72 kit on the brink of the semi final.

Disappointing as I love the Lukaku kit.