JT in the frame for Bristol job
No it's not. JT has absolutely no link with Bristol.

If he is appointed it is because they believe he can bring them success - and this may be because he can deliver the cream of the Chelsea youth. It may be because he was a highly decorated England captain, who was assistant to a promotion winning team.

I personally wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, but he has credentials. Why would the owners of Bristol continue to support them to the tune of millions per year, if they didnt believe he was the man for the job?

The last time I saw someone wrongly appointed was Big Dave. And that caused a very lively debate on here.
(07-06-2020, 11:18 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Doesn't his mother like the Robins?

This deserves recognition.

I wouldn’t see JT as a “jobs for the boys” affair. As minstrel says, he’s put in a couple of years as a #2 and obviously feels ready to give the main job a go.
(07-06-2020, 11:18 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Doesn't his mother like the Robins?

Swallows........
Houghton wants the job according to the media, good shout if he does want it knows the championship well and is well respected.
(07-07-2020, 10:03 AM)wba13 Wrote: Houghton wants the job according to the media, good shout if he does want it knows the championship well and is well respected.

Col or Midge?
(07-07-2020, 10:03 AM)wba13 Wrote: Houghton wants the job according to the media, good shout if he does want it knows the championship well and is well respected.

Would be perfect for them. With a few quid he'd get them top 6 imo.

Interesting. I think he's said no to a few too many jobs and now the offers are starting to dwindle a little. He could do a very good job there mind.
(07-07-2020, 03:18 PM)Squid Wrote:

Interesting. I think he's said no to a few too many jobs and now the offers are starting to dwindle a little. He could do a very good job there mind.

This.

CH thought he’d get a PL job, but his record in the PL and reputation for dull/four football has gone against him. Shocked neither Watford nor West Ham took a punt on him as he’d have done as well as Pearson and Moyes have.

Guess after a year out of the game he’s realised his best chance of being a PL manager again is by getting a side there and Bristol will give him some backing.

If we blow promotion this season, I wouldn’t be adverse to him replacing Slav.
Slav not going anywhere , he was given a two years to get us promoted, already ahead in my eyes as he had to rebuild at the start of season.
(07-07-2020, 03:48 PM)wba13 Wrote: Slav not going anywhere , he was given a two years to get us promoted,  already ahead in my eyes as he had to rebuild at the start of season.

Slav has done a brilliant job in having us on the top 2, but when I look at the clubs below us, I’m not sure which of them should be ahead of us... Stoke spent big, as did Fulham, but other than that we’re pretty much where we should be.

I think I’d have some serious doubts over his ability to get us up next year if we blow the position we were in pre-restart.