DON’T MAN UP!!!!!!
Chatting to someone I know today and his wife’s bro died in March from Coronavirus.  He said he (being a usual bloke) thought he’d get through it and didn’t call for help. When he called for help it was too late and they couldn’t get tubes in to his lungs.  They reckoned he phoned 2 days too late for help.  

If you have the symptoms and start to struggle to breathe, phone 999.
Great advice FF, I’m sure most of us on here think we are indestructible.
Just thinking..... this “save the NHS” slogan has probably caused a number of deaths with people not phoning for help when they may have done otherwise if it wasn’t for that slogan. I know the NHS has recently told people to still go to A&E for accidents etc as the numbers have dramatically dropped with people staying away to try and help the NHS.
(05-06-2020, 05:42 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Chatting to someone I know today and his wife’s bro died in March from Coronavirus.  He said he (being a usual bloke) thought he’d get through it and didn’t call for help. When he called for help it was too late and they couldn’t get tubes in to his lungs.  They reckoned he phoned 2 days too late for help.  

If you have the symptoms and start to struggle to breathe, phone 999.

This is why married men live significantly longer than those singled or widowed. Nagging saves lives.
I’m suffering with it now, and had to get the paramedics out on Tuesday night when my breathing worsened and I went into uncontrollable trembling. Eventually turned out to be a panic attack during which my blood oxygen saturation fell to 92%. Quick indicator is when your fingernails start to turn blue.
Oh, and earlier that day I’d received the swab test result which said I was negative for the virus! Apparently it’s as inaccurate as fuck with up to 30% of negative results being wrong. In my case though it was probably because I’d actually been infected in late March (minor symptoms then which quickly disappeared) and the test is only effective if the virus was picked up in the few days prior to testing.
I’m writing this now having had 2 hrs of sleep tonight, which is about average for the past week.
I wouldn’t wish this on a Villa fan so please don’t take risks. It is fucking horrible.
(05-07-2020, 04:26 AM)Johnny akes Wrote: I’m suffering with it now, and had to get the paramedics out on Tuesday night when my breathing worsened and I went into uncontrollable trembling. Eventually turned out to be a panic attack during which my blood oxygen saturation fell to 92%. Quick indicator is when your fingernails start to turn blue.
Oh, and earlier that day I’d received the swab test result which said I was negative for the virus! Apparently it’s as inaccurate as fuck with up to 30% of negative results being wrong. In my case though it was probably because I’d actually been infected in late March (minor symptoms then which quickly disappeared) and the test is only effective if the virus was picked up in the few days prior to testing.
I’m writing this now having had 2 hrs of sleep tonight, which is about average for the past week.
I wouldn’t wish this on a Villa fan so please don’t take risks. It is fucking horrible.

Hello Johnny

Sorry to hear that you are suffering from this shitty virus.  My wife's cousin had it (he's an orthopaedic surgeon in the UK) and it terrified him but he gave a few bits of advice.  Get a pulse oximeter, you can pick up a half decent one off Amazon for about £40-50.  Some of them come with access to an app that charts your pulse and blood oxygen levels.....if your pulse increases and your o2 levels fall to 92% or lower ring 999 and get into hospital.

Also lie on your chest (prone) position if you can.  This helps you to breathe easier as you have a significant lung volume on your back rather than your front. 

The last one was deep breathing exercises.  Take a deep breath in as you can, hold it for 4-5 seconds and then exhale. Repeat this 3-4 times every half an hour. This 'exercises' your lower lung area (which apparently is the area the virus attacks first).

I hope you feel better soon fella......
Thanks BB, already have one on order which should get here today. Been doing the breathing exercises for a few days, as well as trying to lie prone but I get most relief from just leaning forwards. I’m mainly past the general shortage of breath situation now, but What isn’t mentioned anywhere I’ve seen is a form of sleep apnea that comes with the virus, and it’s this which is limiting the sleep. The doc says I’m over the worst but to keep an eye on the blood/ox level, it’s a bit disconcerting when your nails start turning blue when all you’ve done is walk from one room to another!
Get well soon Johnny
(05-07-2020, 04:57 AM)Banbury Baggie Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 04:26 AM)Johnny akes Wrote: I’m suffering with it now, and had to get the paramedics out on Tuesday night when my breathing worsened and I went into uncontrollable trembling. Eventually turned out to be a panic attack during which my blood oxygen saturation fell to 92%. Quick indicator is when your fingernails start to turn blue.

Hello Johnny

Sorry to hear that you are suffering from this shitty virus.  My wife's cousin had it (he's an orthopaedic surgeon in the UK) and it terrified him but he gave a few bits of advice.  Get a pulse oximeter, you can pick up a half decent one off Amazon for about £40-50.  Some of them come with access to an app that charts your pulse and blood oxygen levels.....if your pulse increases and your o2 levels fall to 92% or lower ring 999 and get into hospital.

Also lie on your chest (prone) position if you can.  This helps you to breathe easier as you have a significant lung volume on your back rather than your front. 

The last one was deep breathing exercises.  Take a deep breath in as you can, hold it for 4-5 seconds and then exhale. Repeat this 3-4 times every half an hour. This 'exercises' your lower lung area (which apparently is the area the virus attacks first).

I hope you feel better soon fella......
There is a pulse ox reader on the galaxy s10 smart phone. I'm that paranoid I check my O2 levels every day.
I found breathing exercises were very helpful.

They aided breathing and calmed me down.

If you can, hold deep breaths for as long as is comfortable.

My GP told me that it could be 6/8 weeks before I'm back to normal.

Hope you are feeling better very soon, Johnny.