Polands complete overreaction to the Coronavirus
Trouble is, no one knows which approach is the best in such a fast moving and overwhelming situation at the moment.
Just wish that the UK would do more to protect its people.
(03-13-2020, 07:15 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Just an update live from here, Poland has gone a bit mental and I'm glad I'm leaving tonight. They are shutting the bars, restaurants, pubs, coffee shops etc.. for 10 days from Sunday. They have also closed their borders and will deny all incoming flights from Sunday. Only internal flights allowed. It's unbelievable Jeff!

Is that all incoming flights even from the UK to Poland?
(03-10-2020, 07:55 PM)JOK Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 05:23 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 05:14 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: They shut the schools, they've shut the universities, they've banned flights from Italy and China, and they have banned public gatherings (concerts etc.) of over 500 people.

Little extreme I thought considering they've only had 30 cases in total country wide.

Or decisive while Boris and his chums dither when we all know exactly what's coming.

When you say dithering, do you mean following the advice of the Chief Medical Officer and The Chief Scientific Officer. Careful, there are one or two on here who believe religiously in experts.

Have you got enough toilet rolls by the way?
Well theres a few on here looking like a bit of a twat aint there
(03-13-2020, 08:41 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 07:15 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Just an update live from here, Poland has gone a bit mental and I'm glad I'm leaving tonight. They are shutting the bars, restaurants, pubs, coffee shops etc.. for 10 days from Sunday. They have also closed their borders and will deny all incoming flights from Sunday. Only internal flights allowed. It's unbelievable Jeff!

Is that all incoming flights even from the UK to Poland?

Girl at work is in the Czech Republic this weekend. Boozers shut at 8pm - total lockdown
(03-13-2020, 09:10 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 07:55 PM)JOK Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 05:23 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 05:14 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: They shut the schools, they've shut the universities, they've banned flights from Italy and China, and they have banned public gatherings (concerts etc.) of over 500 people.

Little extreme I thought considering they've only had 30 cases in total country wide.

Or decisive while Boris and his chums dither when we all know exactly what's coming.

When you say dithering, do you mean following the advice of the Chief Medical Officer and The Chief Scientific Officer. Careful, there are one or two on here who believe religiously in experts.

Have you got enough toilet rolls by the way?
Well theres a few on here looking like a bit of a twat aint there

More than a few. The 'Oh they are all Snowflakes brigade'  were always talking shit and now look the fucking idiots most of us knew they were.
There never was a need to panic - there still isn't - but the recklessly stupid posts by some will come back to haunt them.

Sensible approach if you ask me, considering what’s going on in other countries. Reading our government’s website earlier re the virus it asks not to phone 111 if you have the symptoms (clearly can’t cope with the volume of calls) and not to go to hospital or GP, but to self isolate.  So, in other words, we have no idea how many people have the virus as the stats aren’t being collated.
Stupid rules for stupid people.

... and they lap it up.

Sunday 'papers' - fights in supermarkets as brain dead cunts react to brain dead thinking.

Cunts.
If the government have this wrong and think they can hide behind the experts it will spectacularly backfire in my opinion.
(03-13-2020, 09:57 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: If the government have this wrong and think they can hide behind the experts it will spectacularly backfire in my opinion.

Someone on here questioned yesterday why footballers seem to be prone to catch the virus?  I think the answer is that they are famous where as Teltley74 isn’t famous and so he won’t make headlines.  In other words, a lot more people have it in this country than is being reported.
(03-13-2020, 10:03 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 09:57 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: If the government have this wrong and think they can hide behind the experts it will spectacularly backfire in my opinion.

Someone on here questioned yesterday why footballers seem to be prone to catch the virus?  I think the answer is that they are famous where as Teltley74 isn’t famous and so he won’t make headlines.  In other words, a lot more people have it in this country than is being reported.

It is being reported but people are choosing not to listen and create their own bullshit agenda. The Chief medical officer said yesterday he thinks more than 10,000 have the virus in this country. He said it at least twice on national TV and national radio that I heard.
Jeez the people calling out the snowflakes turn out to be the snowflakes. It's not a shock guys is it?