Dingle Don
(02-18-2020, 11:35 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 11:12 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 10:54 AM)hudds Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 09:32 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 09:27 AM)Duffers Wrote: And the fact that you chose to pull me up on it without actually providing an alternative says plenty about you too minstrel.

I’d stick to slagging off Johnstone to be honest.
"Can I get fries with that?"

Sums you up, Sunshine.
I'm not sure what the issue is here.

The verb is an old and very broad one and often used as an auxillery verb.  The way Duffers has used it is fine ie to indicate lack of attainment "...not getting better".  Remi himself says he is "getting more synical" (sic).  I don't think either could express the attainment/lack of attainment any more simply.  One would have to re-word (eg "Your spelling shows no sign of improvement") which is prim.  Duffers is saying Remi has not gotten any better, which is ye olde English and not incorrect (bit of mischief - Remi has no ill-gotten gains; the archaic form still has currency).

Onions?

Get/got/gotten - no place in the English dictionary for it (in my opinion). Use a proper word to describe yourself, not this shabby piece of Americanism. It's cheap and lazy.

I think KKC has just received a shoeing from the resident expert. 

Or “gotten” a shoeing if you will....

Also, in your own words, your argument is based on your opinion, nothing more, yet you’ve tried to present it as fact - seems a theme with you.

If you think that is a shoeing, then you must reckon Fabian De Freitas is the answer up front. (perhaps he might get a goal, or has he gotton one??).

Get gone, MF.  Big Grin Big Grin You've lost.

I've gotten out of this thread, because I have to get to a meeting. Once I finished I've got to get home. I'm getting a soda on the way.

go/get/getting/gotten - all American rubbish that can be applied to anything and means nothing -other than the users of the words are so shallow they cannot find any legitimate descriptive replacements. #lazyenglish
(02-18-2020, 11:49 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 10:54 AM)hudds Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 09:32 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: "Can I get fries with that?"

Sums you up, Sunshine.
I'm not sure what the issue is here.

The verb is an old and very broad one and often used as an auxillery verb.  The way Duffers has used it is fine ie to indicate lack of attainment "...not getting better".  Remi himself says he is "getting more synical" (sic).  I don't think either could express the attainment/lack of attainment any more simply.  One would have to re-word (eg "Your spelling shows no sign of improvement") which is prim.  Duffers is saying Remi has not gotten any better, which is ye olde English and not incorrect (bit of mischief - Remi has no ill-gotten gains; the archaic form still has currency).

Onions?

Get/got/gotten - no place in the English dictionary for it (in my opinion). Use a proper word to describe yourself, not this shabby piece of Americanism. It's cheap and lazy.

Also, in your own words, your argument is based on your opinion, nothing more, yet you’ve tried to present it as fact - seems a theme with you.

If you think that is a shoeing, then you must reckon Fabian De Freitas is the answer up front. (perhaps he might get a goal, or has he gotton one??).

I've gotten out of this thread, because I have to get to a meeting. Once I finished I've got to get home. I'm getting a soda on the way.

go/get/getting/gotten - all American rubbish that can be applied to anything and means nothing -other than the users of the words are so shallow they cannot find any legitimate descriptive replacements. #lazyenglish

Classic Minstrel.
(02-18-2020, 11:58 AM)WWHO Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 10:54 AM)hudds Wrote: I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Onions?

Classic Minstrel.

I'm still driving an S Class, BTW  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(02-18-2020, 10:54 AM)hudds Wrote: I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Onions?

Classic Minstrel.

Yup. It’s comforting to know he hasn’t changed after all these years.

We’re only a couple of posts away from this not being relevant to his point...
This thread has gotten off topic.
Thank heavens for another Don Goodman thread. The board can never have enough!
(02-18-2020, 12:04 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 11:12 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Get/got/gotten - no place in the English dictionary for it (in my opinion). Use a proper word to describe yourself, not this shabby piece of Americanism. It's cheap and lazy.

Classic Minstrel.

Totally wrong (again), Sunshine.

You are completely irrelevant, dated and spout rubbish that everyone disagrees with.

Do you GET the message, or  have you GOTTEN the wrong thread? What have we GOT to do to? Don't you realise that this isn't GETTING any easier for you? It GETS more embarrassing with every one of your posts.
(02-18-2020, 12:43 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 11:35 AM)Duffers Wrote: I think KKC has just received a shoeing from the resident expert. 

Classic Minstrel.

You are completely irrelevant, dated and spout rubbish that everyone disagrees with.

Do you GET the message, or  have you GOTTEN the wrong thread? What have we GOT to do to? Don't you realise that this isn't GETTING any easier for you? It GETS more embarrassing with every one of your posts.

Sorry, the message is still eluding me...

You are starting to look a little silly now minstrel. Following your traditional path of making a statement which is an opinion dressed up as fact, get challenged, then going off on a bizarre ranty tangent rather than just accept you’ve made yourself look a bit of a tit.

Never change my friend.
(02-18-2020, 12:54 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 12:43 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 11:49 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: If you think that is a shoeing, then you must reckon Fabian De Freitas is the answer up front. (perhaps he might get a goal, or has he gotton one??).

Classic Minstrel.

Sorry, the message is still eluding me...

You are starting to look a little silly now minstrel. Following your traditional path of making a statement which is an opinion dressed up as fact and then going off on a bizarre ranty tangent rather than just accept you’ve made yourself look a bit of a tit.

Never change my friend.

I agree with Kit Kat - I can't believe you don't know when you made a fool of yourself. The more you try to wriggle out of your
own incompetence the funnier it becomes. To think this began with you again trying to take the high road on my spelling. 
I will let you answer as I know how important it is for you to have the last word - off you go arf  Big Grin
Anyway, DD is still a twat.