Quest
The monkey chants are absolutely plain as day and audible even on the highlights.

The commentator was even moved to mention how appalling they were - which was absolutely unheard of in the 70s and even the 80s
(02-15-2020, 11:12 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 10:10 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Dingle Don seemed desperate for Forest to win today.

Edited for you

Thats the trouble,  being in the 2nd tier ,2nd rate co commentators .
Just watched the Quest highlights. Shocking. Recall Ferguson getting sent off vs Charlton for exactly the same challenge the Forest player put in on Krov.
(02-16-2020, 10:32 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Just watched the Quest highlights. Shocking. Recall Ferguson getting sent off vs Charlton for exactly the same challenge the Forest player put in on Krov.

No it wasnt. I know the tackle you are refering to. Both tackles happened right in front of me. Ferguson was out of control with a lunge Cash's tackle was very forceful but controlled and he got the whole of the ball. No studs raised or anything. Great tackle for me.
(02-16-2020, 10:39 AM)Atomic Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 10:32 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Just watched the Quest highlights. Shocking. Recall Ferguson getting sent off vs Charlton for exactly the same challenge the Forest player put in on Krov.

No it wasnt. I know the tackle you are refering to. Both tackles happened right in front of me. Ferguson was out of control with a lunge Cash's tackle was very forceful but controlled and he got the whole of the ball. No studs raised or anything. Great tackle for me.

Not for me. His studs are showing. Would have been a 2nd yellow for Cash.
(02-15-2020, 09:51 PM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 09:35 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: I've said it before and say it again the media for some reason have a real dislike of us going back to the mid to late 70's, that great 78-79side hardly got any positive coverage in the national media and the BBC always seem to be biased against us, we could thump some 8/9 nil and sky would still spin it as if the opposition out played us and we were lucky, top 7 points clear of 3rd is all we need to care about.

Sorry really don’t buy into an anti Albion conspiracy. Why on earth would there be one and who are all these media moguls who are in on it?
Simply in Forest we have a club with a great history 20 years in the doldrums and it freshens things up the thought they might be back in the big time. It’s similar to us in 2002 or so where the media was much more friendly to us.
The likes of Forest, Leeds and Bristol C keep the promotion race more interesting to the neutral rather than clubs like us and Fulham who have been there recently.
No issue with Cash’s challenge, yes it was hard but clearly won the ball first, Fergusonn v Charlton barely won the ball at best and studs were well up before he got to the ball

No issue with that one in the slightest, plenty of others to be pissed off with mind and I think Stroud is the best one in this division

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(02-16-2020, 11:20 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 09:35 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: I've said it before and say it again the media for some reason have a real dislike of us going back to the mid to late 70's, that great 78-79side hardly got any positive coverage in the national media and the BBC always seem to be biased against us, we could thump some 8/9 nil and sky would still spin it as if the opposition out played us and we were lucky, top 7 points clear of 3rd is all we need to care about.

Sorry really don’t buy into an anti Albion conspiracy. Why on earth would there be one and who are all these media moguls who are in on it?
Simply in Forest we have a club with a great history 20 years in the doldrums and it freshens things up the thought they might be back in the big time. It’s similar to us in 2002 or so where the media was much more friendly to us.
The likes of Forest, Leeds and Bristol C keep the promotion race more interesting to the neutral rather than clubs like us and Fulham who have been there recently.
Sorry, fella. Don't agree there. They had a great manager, for a couple of years. Prior and since, they have a very ordinary history.
(02-16-2020, 06:23 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 11:20 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Sorry, fella. Don't agree there. They had a great manager, for a couple of years. Prior and since, they have a very ordinary history.
Agree. Didn't they only have one FA cup to their name as trophies go, before Cloughie turned up?
Puts into perspective what Clough did there. 
Doubt we will ever see the same again.
The truth in my eyes.
In football unless your from Manchester / Liverpool or London you're 2nd class.
The midlands is looked upon as fodder for the big boys and the media just play the game.
Even when we were in the PL i got sick and tired of MOTD we were always on last and the highlights lasted for 6 minutes.
This "little Albion" tag is an insult - some media mega stars need to be told. If they get upset GOOD.
A smack in the mouth is often seen as offensive, but it can be effective with big mouth morons.
Whinge over.