Worst weather conditions you've seen Albion play in?
Didn't we play Spurs in the snow? I think it was the first time we'd used an orange ball, and I think they'd re-painted the lines orange or blue too?
Bury away in the league cup.. late 70s? Fog.

"We're gonna bury Bury".. Lost.

Police closed the M6 on the way back, so me and my brother had to kip in his crappy Vauxhall Chevette van.
Forest beat us 1-3 at home under RDM and it was freezing.
That Swindon away game. (Lost 2 0, I think). It rained bucketloads onto us in the open end. Stopped for a couple of beers to warm up on the way home, when we got back in the car the seats were soaked through.
I seem to remember v Blues in the Anglo Italian Cup in the 90s being pretty bad.
(02-11-2020, 05:03 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: That Swindon away game. (Lost 2 0, I think). It rained bucketloads onto us in the open end. Stopped for a couple of beers to warm up on the way home, when we got back in the car the seats were soaked through.

I wasn't at that but IIRC there was something else remarkable about it. Didn't Swindon hand out ponchos?

Wettest for me was Charlton in the cup. Coldest could have been Reading at home in a cup replay. I sat with igorbalis, resplendent in authentic Russian fur hat. It was mossive.
Charlton in the cup (Tony Ford's puddle goal) is the wettest for sure, I still have the rain damaged programme.
ColdestBig Grinunfermline home Feb 69,
Bristol City New Years Day 79.
Think I seem to remember a night match against Bolton around 1980.Torrential rain and the game finished 4-4.Remember it for the Remi Moses chant "Moses stop the rain Moses Moses stop the rain"
(02-11-2020, 05:03 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: That Swindon away game. (Lost 2 0, I think). It rained bucketloads onto us in the open end. Stopped for a couple of beers to warm up on the way home, when we got back in the car the seats were soaked through.

2-2 that was - shocking weather.  Dennis Smith era IIRC