It appears to me that there is something severely wrong
I can't quite put my finger on it, however from tonights display, I can certainly put my thought to paper if you will.

First off, let's think of the plus points, we have a fantastic team, we have a fantastic manager. 

There just seems to be something no quite right. Ever since the Swansea game. The Blues game we got away with. But back as far as start of December 2019, we've suddenly, forgot or unwilling in my point of view, how to play football.

I don't even care about tonight if I'm honest, I only care about getting back to the Prem and getting rid of Lai, but surely players and managers would understand the gravity of league position and local (ish) rivalry?

Why, does the team that smashed half the league, suddenly forget how to play football? They seem completely disinterested.

I like Slav, he's a nice guy, but what the hell happened to make us be incapable of passing a ball and scoring a goal. 

I've got a funny feeling something behind the scenes has happened, and all is not well, something has gone on... That wasn't Albion on the pitch tonight, very strange.
There's no plan b. Opposition get at us, close us down hard and we cannot play. We need some steel in the middle.
It was woefully inept. I don’t know if you’re right- I understand that we played well at Charlton.
It’s January, we’ve just played hideously and think we all need to sleep on it and take stock.
I’m glad we’ve the cup on Saturday- takes the pressure off.
(01-20-2020, 10:12 PM)MassDebater Wrote: There's no plan b. Opposition get at us, close us down hard and we cannot play. We need some steel in the middle.

This x10

Absolute repeat of last year no idea how to cope without Barnes / Diagana
(01-20-2020, 10:12 PM)MassDebater Wrote: There's no plan b. Opposition get at us, close us down hard and we cannot play. We need some steel in the middle.

Absolutely spot on. Slav needs to find something different
Diangana missing is probably 90 percent of the problem.You can see Pereira and Sawyers etc., turning to try and pass to the left for an outlet,then they have to turn back again because there is no one there.then we lose any momentum.The rot started when Slav dropped him against Wigan.Then he got injured early against Blues,our last win. Diangana is this season’s Harvey Barnes. I just hope the powers that be can get a couple of decent players in before Luton.(Not a Murphy and Montero)
(01-20-2020, 10:09 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I can't quite put my finger on it, however from tonights display, I can certainly put my thought to paper if you will.

First off, let's think of the plus points, we have a fantastic team, we have a fantastic manager. 

There just seems to be something no quite right. Ever since the Swansea game. The Blues game we got away with. But back as far as start of December 2019, we've suddenly, forgot or unwilling in my point of view, how to play football.

I don't even care about tonight if I'm honest, I only care about getting back to the Prem and getting rid of Lai, but surely players and managers would understand the gravity of league position and local (ish) rivalry?

Why, does the team that smashed half the league, suddenly forget how to play football? They seem completely disinterested.

I like Slav, he's a nice guy, but what the hell happened to make us be incapable of passing a ball and scoring a goal. 

I've got a funny feeling something behind the scenes has happened, and all is not well, something has gone on... That wasn't Albion on the pitch tonight, very strange.

This isn't true though is it?
Even when results were going well there was few occasions when we won by more than 1 goal.
(01-20-2020, 10:16 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote:

Absolutely spot on. Slav needs to find something different
This is spot on. And my faith in Bilic reduces by the game....
Teams have studied us and know how to play against us. We’re a soft touch and can be easily bullied. Diagana with Pierra would have given us the quality to get through them, but after he went off we were in trouble.

We need to move the ball quicker but the third man runs have stopped IMO which helps the opposition stay in shape, constricting spaces thus impacting on the midfielders in them going sideways, backwards or what is happening a lot; them holding onto the ball for the split second too long