Villa
Aguero is worth more than their entire club. They don't even have a ground Big Grin
"TV pundit Andy Gray has controversially claimed that Jack Grealish would walk into both Liverpool and Tottenham’s midfield.

Gray also feels that the Aston Villa skipper is a better player than the likes of Naby Keita, Gini Wijnaldum, Phil Foden and Mason Mount.

Former Villa striker Gray was trying to emphasise the point as to how much of a ‘special’ player Grealish is and how he would make the likes of runaway league leaders Liverpool and Spurs ‘better’ if he were to join them."

Seems once you've played for the fishy fuckers the delusion is permanent.
(01-13-2020, 10:41 AM)B36baggie Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 08:37 AM)ThesickParrot Wrote: "The three players who scored for Manchester City are worth more than my whole squad" 

Aguero £35m
Jesus £27m
Mahrez £60m 

Villa wasted £126m last summer  Rolleyes

Them three combined are probably worth more than Villas whole squad currently so he was kind of right even if that wasn’t his meaning.

It might be factually correct but it's also incredibly disingenuous. It's the sort of comment made by clubs like Burnley who have to be frugal, not by clubs who've outspent everyone last summer bar the biggest club in world football.  Fact is, they've spunked a shitload on mediocre players and Smith knows it.

Money spent by club in last transfer window
(01-13-2020, 11:00 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 08:37 AM)ThesickParrot Wrote: "The three players who scored for Manchester City are worth more than my whole squad" 

Aguero £35m
Jesus £27m
Mahrez £60m 

Them three combined are probably worth more than Villas whole squad currently so he was kind of right even if that wasn’t his meaning.

It might be factually correct but it's also incredibly disingenuous. It's the sort of comment made by clubs like Burnley who have to be frugal, not by clubs who've outspent everyone last summer bar the biggest club in world football.  Fact is, they've spunked a shitload on mediocre players and Smith knows it.

its deja vu. They spunked a load like this the last time they were relegated, after they sold Benteke.

In fact you could say they are the biggest wankers in English football.
(01-13-2020, 11:31 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Aguero £35m
Jesus £27m
Mahrez £60m 

its deja vu. They spunked a load like this the last time they were relegated, after they sold Benteke.

In fact you could say they are the biggest wankers in English football.

I've noticed that the Bored Lexicon doesn't include any single phrase we can use when mentioning the Villa such that we don't actually have to use the word Villa.

I do like "deludedfisheatingsealc***" but feel maybe it's a little non-subtle...

Aguero £35m
Jesus £27m
Mahrez £60m 

I completely agree with you & I am sure Smith knew it could potentially upset those above him. 

The sack will hurt him a lot less given he got them there & has a newly signed Four year deal  

Ii am hoping two more defeats & they ditch him & bring Terry in to finish the job.

Aguero £35m
Jesus £27m
Mahrez £60m 

Those figures are incredible. Without even mentioning Mings, they spent nearly 60 million on Wesley, Matt Targett and Ezri Konsa
(01-13-2020, 12:22 PM)Sliced Wrote:

Aguero £35m
Jesus £27m
Mahrez £60m 

Those figures are incredible. Without even mentioning Mings, they spent nearly 60 million on Wesley, Matt Targett and Ezri Konsa

Top spunking from The Seals last summer.

Aguero £35m
Jesus £27m
Mahrez £60m 

Villa's NET spend was the largest in the Prem at £144M, next on the list was Arsenal at £82M that's just unbelievable given their position
(01-13-2020, 12:43 PM)fbaggy Wrote:

Aguero £35m
Jesus £27m
Mahrez £60m 

Villa's NET spend was the largest in the Prem at £144M, next on the list was Arsenal at £82M that's just unbelievable given their position

It's a bargain, whichever way we look at it!