The cricket...
Yet another collapse and numerous failures by our world class batsmen.

Do none of them know how to bat outside of a limited overs game?
Aye, plenty of starts but the usual I’m getting out any minute so will try and hit the ball. Nothing like test match batting

Having said that, not sure the Saffers will find it easy on this track
(01-03-2020, 04:02 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote: Aye, plenty of starts but the usual I’m getting out any minute so will try and hit the ball. Nothing like test match batting

Having said that, not sure the Saffers will find it easy on this track
Very poor again, lack of concentration by so many batters, thank god for a pope !! First time I’ve found meself thinking that  Big Grin
Hello......2 down and some swing. Come on then boys, can the bowlers rescue the batsmen? (IMO - no, we're 50 short)
Our bowling is fine. But we don't bat well enough in test matches. Too great an emphasis in recent years on limited overs cricket has meant we don't have enough batsman able to stick it out at the crease.
(01-04-2020, 09:46 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Hello......2 down and some swing. Come on then boys, can the bowlers rescue the batsmen?  (IMO - no, we're 50 short)

60-3. Their top 6 is also paper thin. Another low scoring lottery you would think - with SA to bat last
(01-04-2020, 10:53 AM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 09:46 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Hello......2 down and some swing. Come on then boys, can the bowlers rescue the batsmen?  (IMO - no, we're 50 short)

60-3. Their top 6 is also paper thin. Another low scoring lottery you would think - with SA to bat last

Next session crucial if we want to be in a position to reap any reward from SA having to bat last. Hoping Curran can follow up his 1st test bowling.
not a bad days play in the end. good to get the wicket at the death
England ahead.  A 30 run lead could be gold dust in a low scorer like this
A poor pitch masking poor batting from both sides.

Our focus on winning the 2019 WC means we really struggle to play test, with far too many dismissals coming from shots you’d play in limited overs but shouldn’t even consider in test.

We need to learn how to be more disciplined, as the talent is there.