Bristol city forum match report
(11-28-2019, 09:14 AM)tiptontown Wrote: I'm a bit puzzled what some people were watching last night. I thought we were superb. Our passing and movement is the best I've seen for a while.
We weathered the storm well just after half time and had the better of the half after that.
Although there was a question mark about our last two goals being offside I certainly didn't think 4-1 flattered us.

+1 some of the best football I’ve seen in years. We were dominant.
Football is a subjective game and many fans just focus on their team and not what they are faced against.
I didn't see the match due to work commitments, but having seen many of our games so far, it is clear we are a better side/squad than last season.
The report is emotional post-match nonsense. The fact they've only lost 3 games shows they're no mugs, which shows what a good result last night was.
All I've seen is them moan about are 2 offsides which I'd seen one poster suggest they were so far offside the players were barely in the same post code!! Toes and arms if anything and whilst 2-0, Kanu was through on goal and was incorrectly given offside. What they seem to forget was that it was 4-1 and none of this still gets them any points. We could have had 6 or 7 last night if we'd moved through the gears as Bristol did their usual pressing game for a bit before they all got tired of chasing shadows.
We weren't great on Saturday. But won. We were superb last night. And won. Great to see us finding ways to win however we play.
(11-28-2019, 09:14 AM)tiptontown Wrote: I'm a bit puzzled what some people were watching last night. I thought we were superb. Our passing and movement is the best I've seen for a while.
We weathered the storm well just after half time and had the better of the half after that.
Although there was a question mark about our last two goals being offside I certainly didn't think 4-1 flattered us.

Slav would agree - post match interview he said he was disappointed we didn't score more than 4.

Personally thought that was a superbly comfortable performance. We didn't seem to get out of 2nd gear - in a good way. You always thought we could step it up and we did after letting in a sloppy goal to give them a glimpse of getting back into it.

This is one hell of a squad - great time to be a Baggie. Long may it continue
(11-28-2019, 10:02 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:

Slav would agree - post match interview he said he was disappointed we didn't score more than 4.

Personally thought that was a superbly comfortable performance. We didn't seem to get out of 2nd gear - in a good way. You always thought we could step it up and we did after letting in a sloppy goal to give them a glimpse of getting back into it.

Agree.
(11-28-2019, 10:02 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:

The only thing I can think of as 'scrappy' is that we did give away a lot of the ball in midfield. But that was because we were playing at a much higher pace and trying many more creative, forward balls. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's how you win games. God knows, we've endured enough 'safe' sideways passing and hopeful hoofs in our recent past to know the difference.
Tbh, that match report seems to seem from disillusionment with Lee Johnson, rather than our performance.

I thought we were excellent. Slav us exactly right, we should have scored more goals.
(11-28-2019, 08:12 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: "City have lost at the Hawthorns to better West Brom teams over the years, even as recently as last year"

" a more average Baggies side than normal "

Don't buy the we were better last year than this, although we were great in patches in last years match against them they could have been 2 or 3 up before we took the lead... this year we restricted them to very little and they were never going to get anything from the game
(11-28-2019, 09:45 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: We weren't great on Saturday. But won. We were superb last night. And won. Great to see us finding ways to win however we play.

+1

In some respects Saturday's game was a lot more pleasing. With a changed side we still came away with the points. It's looking good here's hoping we don't pick up too many injuries over the next hectic 8 or 9 game period