Chris Willock
(11-25-2019, 11:33 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 09:04 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I knew it was out in the open...

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...lock-move/

If we have a permanent option in January then surely that's got nothing to do with Benfica "softening their stance" as the agreement will have been in place from the day he signed on loan.

You accusing ITKers of just making shit up so it appears they are ITK?
(11-26-2019, 06:40 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:

If we have a permanent option in January then surely that's got nothing to do with Benfica "softening their stance" as the agreement will have been in place from the day he signed on loan.

I just don't get how so few on 'ere seem to get to see public stories, maybe they're spending too long on 'ere waiting for the ITKers to regurgitate the stories?

It's the same with the details of Pereira's deal... it was well published (loan payment, then an agreed fee to take it around £10m, enforced on promotion or x appearances), but seemed to be in the dark on 'ere.... It baffles me.

Heck if you sync your google accounts with your PC one, it'll feed you the stories and you don't even have to search anymore!

As a semi-aside, to me it seemed fairly obvious that we must've had something in place with Willock otherwise what would have been the point of taking him on loan and not giving him a chance to play? Didn't seem like usual tightarsed Albion signing tactics...

I kind of feel like I'm in the Wizard of Oz and have just pulled back the curtain to reveal that he's not really a wizard!
Christ, this old pony again????

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(11-26-2019, 09:50 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 06:40 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:

I just don't get how so few on 'ere seem to get to see public stories, maybe they're spending too long on 'ere waiting for the ITKers to regurgitate the stories?

It's the same with the details of Pereira's deal... it was well published (loan payment, then an agreed fee to take it around £10m, enforced on promotion or x appearances), but seemed to be in the dark on 'ere.... It baffles me.

Heck if you sync your google accounts with your PC one, it'll feed you the stories and you don't even have to search anymore!

As a semi-aside, to me it seemed fairly obvious that we must've had something in place with Willock otherwise what would have been the point of taking him on loan and not giving him a chance to play? Didn't seem like usual tightarsed Albion signing tactics...

I kind of feel like I'm in the Wizard of Oz and have just pulled back the curtain to reveal that he's not really a wizard!

I understand that and I'd read the articles on Willock but that still doesn't answer why he's not been involved with the first team yet? Yes he's on an appearance fee/loan agreement like Pereira and we've had no problem playing him so that's what people are questioning.

Grady and Pereira got their debut against Milwall in the League Cup but Willock wasn't even on the bench that night.

It's just a strange one imo.
(11-26-2019, 10:57 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 09:50 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 06:40 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:

I understand that and I'd read the articles on Willock but that still doesn't answer why he's not been involved with the first team yet? Yes he's on an appearance fee/loan agreement like Pereira and we've had no problem playing him so that's what people are questioning.

Grady and Pereira got their debut against Milwall in the League Cup but Willock wasn't even on the bench that night.

It's just a strange one imo.

I'd guess that the kids, Edwards and Ferguson, have been better than Slav expected and so have taken places that Willock may have had a chance at?
It's possible we have to pay him per appearance and if Slav thinks we don't need him at the moment and can just sign him up in January anyway for a set fee then there's not much point.

The cup game was very early in the season, another possibility is that he's just seen as one for the future.
Carol Vordeman tells me he hasn't been playing due to simple mathematics. Apparently we can only pick a certain amount of players for on the field and on the bench. I'm also told that the current choices have been doing very well and are top of the league only losing once all season while playing entertaining football. A wise sage said we'd be twats to disrupt that. Complicated shit or what?
He is 22 at the end of January and the highest level he has ever played at is Benfica B , bearing that in mind it is surprising how much publicity he generates

Seems to be a few parallels with Kwame Ampadu!
(11-26-2019, 06:02 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Carol Vordeman tells me he hasn't been playing due to simple mathematics. Apparently we can only pick a certain amount of players for on the field and on the bench. I'm also told that the current choices have been doing very well and are top of the league only losing once all season while playing entertaining football. A wise sage said we'd be twats to disrupt that. Complicated shit or what?

What does Vorderman know about maths? She aint got a degree in Reminomics, ergo her maths skills are moot, only Remi can do the maths on 'ere!
(11-26-2019, 06:15 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote: He is 22 at the end of January and the highest level he has ever played at is Benfica B , bearing that in mind it is surprising how much publicity he generates

Seems to be a few parallels with Kwame Ampadu!

Don`t Benfica B play in Portugals second division? So probably similar standard to League 1 or 2.