Top 5 decent bands who sometimes release shit albums, why...
(10-31-2019, 03:38 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Bands on drugs make better music than bands that are not. Discuss.

Surely The Beatles were on some drug or another on all of their albums, likewise The Grateful Dead, Led Zep etc.
Metallica.

(10-31-2019, 03:54 PM)Sliced Wrote: The Foo Fighters are a proper singles band

I'll probably get shot, but for me the Foos are very overrated and all their best work is in their videos.
The last decent Foo's album was One by One (2002) everything since has been dog shit.
(10-31-2019, 03:40 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:38 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Bands on drugs make better music than bands that are not. Discuss.

Depends on the band.

Rumours is a cocaine fuelled blast, whereas Be Here Now is a bloated mess.

Noel wasted too many great songs as b sides. Aside from a few changes, The Masterplan should have been their third album.

I do enjoy Be Here Now but can understand why some didn't.
(10-31-2019, 04:42 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: The last decent Foo's album was One by One (2002) everything since has been dog shit.

I thought the last but one (Wasted Light?) was alright. They are terrible for hiding shite output behind one or two killer singles every album.
The last Clash album was pretty ordinary!
(10-31-2019, 04:42 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: The last decent Foo's album was One by One (2002) everything since has been dog shit.

After Nirvana ended, the best thing Grohl has done is Probot.
(10-31-2019, 05:13 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote:

After Nirvana ended, the best thing Grohl has done is Probot.

Hmm I think that album is hit and miss. Half of the songs are good some of them just don't work in my opinion.
Some albums, and films for that matter, got critically panned at launch but subsequently, years later, got the recognition they deserved.
(10-31-2019, 03:29 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Jefferson Airplane made five classics, then made `Bark`, which was rubbish.
Likewise, The Stones did `Beggars Banquet`, `Let It Bleed`, Sticky Fingers`,`Exile On Main St`. Then made `Goats Head Soup`. Bang average.

Great album." Winter" is one of their best songs. "Angie".      The Black and Blue album, I'll give you though.
Ryan Adams can be hit and miss, from sublime to pure crap. Also Bowie, Neil Young, Lou Reed....no one is perfect.