ifs and buts
If we’d have signed Gayle instead of Austin we’d have scored 5-10 more goals and have been 4-7 points better off!
With respect, that's hypothetical. Who is to say Perrera and Diangana would have contributed as much as they have when playing behind Austin? I'd have taken Gayle in a heartbeat but he turned us down and that's that. Austin has had some good games, let's not forget. We're doing better than all the other teams in the division and the window doesn't open till January. If Big Ken was fit, I reckon he'd have started on Tuesday and given Austin a break. For now, we can only get behind Charlie.
(10-24-2019, 06:48 PM)Geralous Wrote: If we’d have signed Gayle instead of Austin we’d have scored 5-10 more goals and have been 4-7 points better off!

Doubtful. Gayle has been injured all season.
(10-24-2019, 07:02 PM)B36baggie Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 06:48 PM)Geralous Wrote: If we’d have signed Gayle instead of Austin we’d have scored 5-10 more goals and have been 4-7 points better off!

Correct. How he’d have scored those goals from the hydropool has yet to be explained.
If I’d asked that girl out in 98 at the Christmas party instead of her leaving early as she was flying to New Zealand the next morning to meet her brother, then how different things could be as I met my wife a week later.
(10-24-2019, 07:17 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:02 PM)B36baggie Wrote:

Correct. How he’d have scored those goals from the hydropool has yet to be explained.

Besides he wanted to stay at Newcastle after they let Rondon go.
(10-24-2019, 06:56 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: With respect, that's hypothetical.  Who is to say Perrera and Diangana would have contributed as much as they have when playing behind Austin?  I'd have taken Gayle in a heartbeat but he turned us down and that's that. Austin has had some good games, let's not forget.   We're doing better than all the other teams in the division and the window doesn't open till January.  If Big Ken was fit, I reckon he'd have started on Tuesday and given Austin a break.  For now, we can only get behind Charlie.

Agree

Will always support any player in the stripes.
(10-24-2019, 07:21 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: If I’d asked that girl out in 98 at the Christmas party instead of her leaving early as she was flying to New Zealand the next morning to meet her brother, then how different things could be as I met my wife a week later.

Incest.

Terrible that.
(10-24-2019, 09:29 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:21 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: If I’d asked that girl out in 98 at the Christmas party instead of her leaving early as she was flying to New Zealand the next morning to meet her brother, then how different things could be as I met my wife a week later.

Incest.

Terrible that.
Seriously. It was a sliding doors moment. All possibly changed my life on that moment. Point being we can’t look back at Gayle. Let’s see what the season will bring.
Don't look back in anger.