Can anyone explain
a significant difference between 20/20 cricket and this new competition the ECB are pushing.

ECB seem to be pinning a lot of hopes on the 100 competition, but is there really an untapped market out there for a competition which is only 20 balls an innings less than one that exists already.
No, it's bizarre. Actual cricket fans like 1st class cricket and 20/20 is there for the filthy casuals. What the 100 brings to the table I don't know? Even more opportunity for slogging than 20/20 so maybe more 6s? Don't see how it brings anything different to 20/20 to the game myself, other than as a moneyspinner for Test country grounds.

Also, I and many other Worcs fans, will not be supporting a team that plays at Edgbaston with 'Birmingham' in the name so the Birmingham Phoenix can do one.
Don’t really get the difference either. It will screw 2020 over as that will be played much earlier and be seen as a warm up for it.

It’s creating a franchise system in a way that just the County sides that host England Test games will generate even more money.

In football it would be like asking fans of Albion and Wolves to support Villa in a 5-a-side completion.

Can’t say I’ll be joining in.
(10-04-2019, 07:20 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: Don’t really get the difference either.  It will screw 2020 over as that will be played much earlier and be seen as a warm up for it.  

It’s creating a franchise system in a way that just  the County sides that host England Test games will generate even more money.  

In football it would be like asking fans of Albion and Wolves to support Villa in a 5-a-side completion.

Can’t say I’ll be joining in.

That's how it looks to me. Little different to 20 20 except the city clubs get themselves more focus. The county championship is suffering death by bleeding from a thousand cuts. How to solve that though, who knows. If this was around years ago, I certainly don't imagine I, as a youngster, would have been anywhere near as much a cricket fan.
Sixty
On the surface yes 20 balls less, underneath 
* Big city franchise
* Draft system - world stars & England Test Team players will be competing 
* Games less than 3 hours 
* On free to air telly - for me the biggest advantage, this will be all over the BBC as they have 'k all else to show

A lot of the above (Player Draft, free to air) could have been done with T20, but guess ECB wanted to market something fresh.

It has the potential to bring in a new market- my wife wouldn’t dream of going to a Test match, but enjoyed an afternoon out at a Bears T20 game this year & happy to go to one of these

I’m a Test Match loving ‘real fan’ and anything that drives interest in the game is good by me. That and bringing Moeen home can’t be a bad thing ;-)
What's wrong with more of something people love to watch? No one has been ordered to watch it. It isn't a replacement or substitute for anything current just a chance to jump on the back of a fantastic summer of cricket surely?
(10-04-2019, 11:57 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: What's wrong with more of something people love to watch? No one has been ordered to watch it. It isn't a replacement or substitute for anything current just a chance to jump on the back of a fantastic summer of cricket surely?

Have you watched out test batting recently?
(10-04-2019, 12:00 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 11:57 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: What's wrong with more of something people love to watch? No one has been ordered to watch it. It isn't a replacement or substitute for anything current just a chance to jump on the back of a fantastic summer of cricket surely?

Have you watched out test batting recently?

I guess you're blaming one day cricket for our lack of test discipline
T20 is bad enough. This hundred thing is simply embarrassing.