Mozza
Apparently eyeing up retirement, not much in the way of offers above League 1 level and he seems to be happy again.
Would have thought he may have ended up at somewhere like walsall unless wages were to high.

But perhaps his injury/fitness may not be good.
I'm surprised to be honest as he's still got quite a bit to offer. The problem with him now is that he's not very big or quick in terms of the modern day game and his age and recent injury record aren't on his side.
I can't see a lower league club offering too generous a contract. I wonder if he would consider a "pay as you play" deal, or maybe that sort of thing appears demeaning when you've nothing to prove? Shame really. Absolute quality when fit.
Won't he just replace Appy in the Academy?

And then be in line to replace Slav...obvs.
(09-27-2019, 11:18 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Won't he just replace Appy in the Academy?

From what's been previously reported, he may have a bit too short a fuse and pathological dislike of losing, to have a place in the academy!
(09-27-2019, 11:28 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 11:18 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Won't he just replace Appy in the Academy?

From what's been previously reported, he may have a bit too short a fuse and pathological dislike of losing, to have a place in the academy!

Dunno, Beardsley seemed to do OK Smile !!!!
"This is probably the best I've felt in a long time with my body - probably because I'm not putting it through the stress every day." he told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.

"My missus said to me the other day 'I've never seen you this happy before', so that's one positive.
"I'm fit, but obviously the last couple of seasons I've had terrible injuries, which is probably one of the reasons why I'm not desperate to get back into football really,
"A lot of injuries has took its toll on the mental state and the love of the game."

Looks like he's already made his mind up to pack it in.
(09-27-2019, 11:33 AM)carlito baggie Wrote: "This is probably the best I've felt in a long time with my body - probably because I'm not putting it through the stress every day." he told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.

"My missus said to me the other day 'I've never seen you this happy before', so that's one positive.
"I'm fit, but obviously the last couple of seasons I've had terrible injuries, which is probably one of the reasons why I'm not desperate to get back into football really,
"A lot of injuries has took its toll on the mental state and the love of the game."

Looks like he's already made his mind up to pack it in.

Sounds like his Mrs is being 'looked after' too!
He had years of problems and it's not written in the stars they have to play to 37- the guy's had a fine career and with him, no doubt, financially set up I wouldn't blame him for calling it a day.