Hughton Sacked
Only if we stay down for me. He plays Pulis like football in the Premier League.
(05-13-2019, 08:43 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: He has a limit as a manager, but until he reaches that point he’s very effective.

His teams aren’t pretty, but they do carry a little more flair than the likes of TP and Big Sam.

I think he’ll definitely be considered for our job.

Past his sell-buy date for me.
If we're still in the Championship then a definite yes. If promoted then a maybe.
I have it on good authority that the next manager will come from the Embryonic Research Unit at the Wellcome centre. There's someone there managing embryos really well who would be an ideal fit.
A no for Hughton from me - do we need a negative 60year old manager working with these good young 'uns coming through?
(05-13-2019, 10:21 AM)MGalea Wrote: Potter currently favourite for Brighton job.

Would make sense with Ashworth there.

That would be a big shift in styles. Hmm. Not sure how successful they'd be.

I'm probably one of the few who wasn't that impressed with them when they came to the Hawthorns.
Like Hughton as a manager. Does have a tendency to go ultra cautious when up against it and the pressure is on.

That said ideal for a championship club that needs a bit of stability and as an eye also on promotion. Never underestimate the job he did at Blues under difficult circumstances. As mentioned above ideal candidate if we don't go up, maybe less so if we do.

Would also point out that I think he has only 2 promotions to his name Newcastle and Brighton.
Looks like Brighton have got "weem a big club " syndrome  Rolleyes
(05-13-2019, 12:25 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Looks like Brighton have got "weem a big club " syndrome  Rolleyes
To be fair, this is like when Adkins harshly got the boot from Southampton. It's probably time for both of them to move on. Brighton had the classic second/third season syndrome, but were fortunate in that two of the promoted clubs were too weak and Huddersfield completely melted.
Hard old thing the Prem, about 12 spaces and 20 clubs of a Prem size vying to get there. We did well to have 8 years there.
(05-13-2019, 12:24 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Like Hughton as a manager. Does have a tendency to go ultra cautious when up against it and the pressure is on.

That said ideal for a championship club that needs a bit of stability and as an eye also on promotion. Never underestimate the job he did at Blues under difficult circumstances. As mentioned above ideal candidate if we don't go up, maybe less so if we do.

Would also point out that I think he has only 2 promotions to his name Newcastle and Brighton.

Good post

Believe so - didn’t take naarge up.  That was Lamberk
(05-13-2019, 12:35 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 12:25 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Looks like Brighton have got "weem a big club " syndrome  Rolleyes
To be fair, this is like when Adkins harshly got the boot from Southampton. It's probably time for both of them to move on. Brighton had the classic second/third season syndrome, but were fortunate in that two of the promoted clubs were too weak and Huddersfield completely melted.
Hard old thing the Prem, about 12 spaces and 20 clubs of a Prem size vying to get there. We did well to have 8 years there.

I actually agree with this.

He had been at the club for 4 years and there is a danger that things were going stale. Both the club and he probably need a new challenge. 

And he can go out with the knowledge he has done a really good job there. Took over a Championship club got them promoted and has kept them in the premiership for 2 seasons, it looks good on his cv.