Losing faith in life?
(06-08-2019, 05:13 PM)Albion Wrote: Has anyone found themselves questioning there existence? And ever wondering what is the point?

Yeah, straight after the Villa game
Ups and downs, and life beats the alternative.
I think the site needs to take a step back and question how we speak to each other on here. Yes my posts can jab at the ribs of others but imo there is no excuse for the stream of vitriol I’ve had on occasion. You can’t call people c***s etc and think that’s ok. It’s not acceptable and particularly not when it’s simply regarding a difference of opinion.

Whether this was a cry for help, attention or wind up it’s made me reassess how I reply to others and how I’ve been replied to.
(06-08-2019, 07:36 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I think the site needs to take a step back and question how we speak to each other on here. Yes my posts can jab at the ribs of others but imo there is no excuse for the stream of vitriol I’ve had on occasion. You can’t call people c***s etc and think that’s ok. It’s not acceptable and particularly not when it’s simply regarding a difference of opinion.

Whether this was a cry for help, attention or wind up it’s made me reassess how I reply to others and how I’ve been replied to.
Good post.
(06-08-2019, 07:36 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I think the site needs to take a step back and question how we speak to each other on here. Yes my posts can jab at the ribs of others but imo there is no excuse for the stream of vitriol I’ve had on occasion. You can’t call people c***s etc and think that’s ok. It’s not acceptable and particularly not when it’s simply regarding a difference of opinion.

I’m one of the worst on here for it, but yes you’re probably right.

This is a clear wind up though, he’s pulled shit like this before.
(06-08-2019, 05:19 PM)Morley Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 05:15 PM)spyro 123 Wrote: whats the meaning of life

Is the correct answer, well to; the meaning of life, the universe and everything.
(06-08-2019, 07:48 PM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote:

You have a point but banning people calling each other c's from time to time would decimate the board....and people deliberately wind others up! And some are of the view that such language is part of life (not saying I do but every now and then I see their point on here)

I pulled the plug on Albion today as it just seemed to be one wind up after another and this one with "there existence" may or may not be in that vein - he has other logons though so its not as if  he is now fully excluded. 

Also really if you are depressed, speak about it on here by all means but seek medical advice and counselling - I'm sure most of us of an age have had such thoughts from time to time and you won't get the solution on heŕe  - though talking always helps and I would certainly not want to discourage it on the board.

I disagree calling people c***s isn’t acceptable on a messageboard or any social media. I never did on other sites but I have started to resort to such language over the last couple of years on here in response to language I’ve received. Some take a strong opinion to the contrary of theirs as a wind up which is up to them but it doesn’t mean you should be able to just insult people in the strongest possible terms. 

The site is the best source of gossip, idiocy, well thought out conversation on WBA on the web but when  words like cxxxt become the norm then I think we all need to take step back and reassess the language we use to each other. 

Btw I recognise the degree of hypocrisy I’m displaying here.
Personally I think the c word should be reserved for sex offenders, kiddy fiddlers and terrorist scum I don't think it has a place on this board there are many others which could be used in response to a wind up, also the seemingly increasing amount of vetriolic abuse aimed at people  that seems to a company almost every bloody thread these days needs to be brought into line imvho its spoiling what is by far the best Albion forum bar none. That's me onions
(06-08-2019, 08:19 PM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 08:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 07:48 PM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote:

You have a point but banning people calling each other c's from time to time would decimate the board....and people deliberately wind others up! And some are of the view that such language is part of life (not saying I do but every now and then I see their point on here)

I pulled the plug on Albion today as it just seemed to be one wind up after another and this one with "there existence" may or may not be in that vein - he has other logons though so its not as if  he is now fully excluded. 

Also really if you are depressed, speak about it on here by all means but seek medical advice and counselling - I'm sure most of us of an age have had such thoughts from time to time and you won't get the solution on heŕe  - though talking always helps and I would certainly not want to discourage it on the board.

I disagree calling people c***s isn’t acceptable on a messageboard or any social media. I never did on other sites but I have started to resort to such language over the last couple of years on here in response to language I’ve received. Some take a strong opinion to the contrary of theirs as a wind up which is up to them but it doesn’t mean you should be able to just insult people in the strongest possible terms. 

The site is the best source of gossip, idiocy, well thought out conversation on WBA on the web but when  words like cxxxt become the norm then I think we all need to take step back and reassess the language we use to each other. 

Btw I recognise the degree of hypocrisy I’m displaying here.

I see where you are comng from and dont tend to swear often myself,  but others use that language more often and I can't force my view on that - it is modern reality. A shame but swearing is very much part of everyday life in conversation now. However the context is what is important - as with potentially racist posts. If it is over aggressive and not give and take then it should be acted upon (whether swearing is involved or not). But passions are high sometimes on a football message board as we all care so much so it isnt that easy to make a black and white call.

I appreciate that context is everything but this isn’t about the moderation of the site more about how we all speak to each other. Anyways im off to to watch Killling Eve.
Its OK not to be lepKO