Our transfer target list.
Not saying Livermore is good enough at all but we looked far better with him on the pitch last night compared to Molumby who again spent the evening going sideways and hiding from the receiving pass. Can’t fault the work rate of either but it’s painful to watch.
(08-18-2022, 07:53 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: It would be silly to confirm that you have a list when you have missed out on at least 3 potential targets. All it tells you is that if we bring someone in later they will have been way down said list. Hardly inspiring for fans and players alike.

I’m not sure that’s the case - players are realistic, they know clubs have preferred targets in the same way they have preferred clubs they’d choose over others.

What concerns me here is the admission we don’t seem to have a recruitment strategy and are approaching the market in a scattergun fashion. It’s been clear with our frankly shocking transfer business for the last few years that this is the case, but you don’t bloody confirm it publicly.

Still, Gourlay had fixed the Tannoy!
(08-18-2022, 07:26 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: actually we don't have one.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/steve-...admission/

What a pathetic state of affairs that we haven't even identified who we'd like to sign. No matter what your budget is, drawing up a list of players who you stand a reasonable chance of signing within that budget is imperative, so that you can compare and prioritise them.

Instead, we're seemingly intent on waiting in the hope that something good just drops into out lap. Absolutely appalling.

(08-18-2022, 07:53 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: It would be silly to confirm that you have a list when you have missed out on at least 3 potential targets. All it tells you is that if we bring someone in later they will have been way down said list. Hardly inspiring for fans and players alike.

All the more reason why Bruce shouldn't name-check players and should refuse to say anything when asked about specific players. It's not hard.
(08-18-2022, 08:02 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 07:51 AM)SophLad Wrote: Great, so our manager is apparently wandering down the middle aisle of Aldi.  Can't remember if he came in for bread or milk but has picked up a lovely hedge trimmer which was on offer.

Gravy, chips, kebab, hairspray, burgers, Tizer and haribo.

No foreign shite in his basket, by the look of it.  Plenty of boiled beef and carrots, though.

We need to call Don Megson to sort this out.
I find the other comments more concerning

“I’ve said always that you’ll need patience. I’m not going to turn it around in four or five months. We’ve got some good players at the club, they’ve been here a long time some of them, the players who finished tonight.

“Whereas Cardiff maybe had eight or 12 new faces, they’re completely different, they’ve been able to change their squad and have a huge turnaround.”

Bruce is on another planet if he thinks the solution is getting rid of the majority of the entire first team and replace them with better. It's not going to happen. We don't have the funds. The squad we have right now + some well selected loanees is going to be our best chance of going up.
(08-18-2022, 10:25 AM)Sliced Wrote: I find the other comments more concerning

“I’ve said always that you’ll need patience. I’m not going to turn it around in four or five months. We’ve got some good players at the club, they’ve been here a long time some of them, the players who finished tonight.

“Whereas Cardiff maybe had eight or 12 new faces, they’re completely different, they’ve been able to change their squad and have a huge turnaround.”

Bruce is on another planet if he thinks the solution is getting rid of the majority of the entire first team and replace them with better. It's not going to happen. We don't have the funds. The squad we have right now + some well selected loanees is going to be our best chance of going up.

He's just repeating what Gourmet has said - it'll take 3/4 windows to sort this mess.
(08-18-2022, 09:30 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 07:26 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: actually we don't have one.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/steve-...admission/

I would think we have lists for every scenario. 

In our current situation it's a case of looking at the 'crumbs' as Pulis put it at the end of the window based on what's in the pot and how far Mowatt's wages will stretch. 

There's a long time to go yet in the window (and three more games) and if as I expect we lose to Hull on Saturday the pressure on the Board will be immense.  Normally in those circumstances we usually pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

Let's see where we are at 11pm on 1st September. 

In the meantime Furlong and Livermore - who looks increasingly like a hippo waddling round the pitch - need to be binned, absolute garbage.

Where we are on the 1st of September are you joking.
Exactly what do we do then. We will be stuck with the same players until Jan. We need promotion or it's all over for us as a challenging club.
Whoever is manager needs money now. 
I would prefer Bruce to go now, he has not achieved anything 8 months, nothing, zip. On what basis would anyone justify him staying.
Your all moaning about our transfer list for strikers , I have no idea but what names can anyone put forward, also any names put forward by posters do you rally think there not on our list. What we should remember is all this talk about Bruce should keep his mouth shut why nothing wrong with naming someone we’re want, if you think other teams aren’t after them your wrong. Delap a fine example Stoke been chasing for weeks.
Wood, Daka, Rondon all decent shouts but we don’t know if available. Someone said Bruce should not name names as it’s hardly inspiring for fans and players alike. Well how do you know we didn’t want a specific player before we went for Delap or other players but at the time they weren’t available now they become available. Let’s wait and see.
The suggestion that Cardiff are in a better position than us is absolutely insane
(08-18-2022, 10:25 AM)Sliced Wrote: I find the other comments more concerning

He's even more deluded, if he thinks he's gonna get another 4 or 5 months, to turn this shit show around.