Andy Carroll
He clearly loved hearing his name sung at the end too. Very impressed with his finish - it looked like he'd taken it too wide and had a touch too much to me.
(04-06-2022, 10:35 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: He clearly loved hearing his name sung at the end too. Very impressed with his finish - it looked like he'd taken it too wide and had a touch too much to me.

The finish was quality, he didn't panic but just delayed the shot till the perfect moment
Many sneeringly suggested the club were going for cheap option when he signed and didn’t even do any research to understand Reading & their fans were absolutely desperate to sign him on an extended contract

But he turned them down as he was looking for a better option

I think there’s a good chance he won’t sign because he’ll get better offers. There’s more power with him than us

It’s no formality he’d accept contract offer & he’ll could even want more than 12 months

I went on Sunday St Andrews & not selecting him to start was just a dreadful decision given we had to endure watching Robinson & the appalling Grant up front
Every Manager has a legacy signing. Gould signed Taylor. Ardilles signed Hunt. Allen signed Regis. Saunders (I think??) signed Goodman.

Slaven Bilic signed Grant
(04-06-2022, 11:48 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Every Manager has a legacy signing. Gould signed Taylor. Ardilles signed Hunt. Allen signed Regis. Saunders (I think??) signed Goodman.

He may be the Albion player I’ve disliked the most in watching them since 75 (he may be a lovely bloke) 

Seen worse footballers at the club, but no where near what we paid for him
(04-06-2022, 11:56 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 11:48 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Every Manager has a legacy signing. Gould signed Taylor. Ardilles signed Hunt. Allen signed Regis. Saunders (I think??) signed Goodman.

He may be the Albion player I’ve disliked the most in watching them since 75 (he may be a lovely bloke) 

Seen worse footballers at the club, but no where near what we paid for him
He just isn't very good. Unless you can build a system around him, he detracts from the team.

He tries, and as you say, I'm sure he is a nice guy. He didn't ask to be signed for stupid money.

I hope a solution that suits everyone can be found.
(04-06-2022, 10:35 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: He clearly loved hearing his name sung at the end too. Very impressed with his finish - it looked like he'd taken it too wide and had a touch too much to me.

+1

Great finish, & impressive how he bullied the defender, Grant, or CR fucking 7 would've been on their arses the first time the defender touched em.   Big Grin

He also signed Pereira
He also managed a promotion winning side, unlike Saunders and Gould
(04-07-2022, 06:49 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

He also signed Pereira
Doesn't count.

Grant will cost us more in transfer fee and wages over his 6 year contract than the profit on Pereira.