Snodgrass gone
Has it freed up much, Fizz?

If he is injured and doesn't need to leave then surely the settlement will be most of the wages?

Sounds more like they want him out the building, and Val is staying to me.
(01-31-2022, 11:14 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Snodders has always been a good solid pro.

He's spent most of the time injured, so "solid" is probably the wrong word to use!
Great stuff. Well done Lai. Hopefully soon we can just have a squad of 11 players. Only 11 play at any one time so that’s all we need right ?!
(01-31-2022, 11:15 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:13 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:10 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:06 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Doesn’t bode well for the hope of Val leaving.

Why? Snodgrass has provided us with next to nothing (even on the rare occasions when he was fit) regardless of who the manager was, so we were just wasting money keeping him on the books.

So why do it now? Why not 1st Jan to free up the wages. He's gone now, with no time to use those wages to improve us. FFS sakes.

You did see the "mutual consent" bit? I didn't see we shouldn't be looking to bring players in, just that it was a waste of time and effort having him here.

I agree. So why wait till 10:59pm on deadline day to do it? He had to be released in the window in order to sign for someone else and play this season. Don't see the sense in the timing.
Needed to free up the hydrotherapy pool now with Dike needing it and Carroll having arrived
(01-31-2022, 11:17 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:14 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Snodders has always been a good solid pro.

He's spent most of the time injured, so "solid" is probably the wrong word to use!

So Dike is useless because he's injured.
Your argument is flawed.
(01-31-2022, 11:17 PM)Sliced Wrote: Great stuff. Well done Lai. Hopefully soon we can just have a squad of 11 players. Only 11 play at any one time so that’s all we need right ?!

Technically, this manager only plays with 9 as the 2 that play in the middle of the park are redundant.
(01-31-2022, 11:18 PM)MrFizz Wrote: So why wait till 10:59pm on deadline day to do it? He had to be released in the window in order to sign for someone else and play this season. Don't see the sense in the timing.

Perhaps he wasn't willing to go earlier in the window....
(01-31-2022, 11:16 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Has it freed up much, Fizz?

If he is injured and doesn't need to leave then surely the settlement will be most of the wages?

Sounds more like they want him out the building, and Val is staying to me.

The delay could have been the haggling i suppose. He may have been holding out for a certain amount, but has now had to accept a compromise.
(01-31-2022, 11:20 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: Needed to free up the hydrotherapy pool now with Dike needing it and Carroll having arrived

Chadli and Mozza have the record for the most pool days.