£100 contactless payments
(03-03-2021, 12:28 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 12:07 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 11:41 AM)MrFizz Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 11:38 AM)spudgun Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 11:05 AM)Duffers Wrote: I don’t even bother taking my card out anymore, just use my phone for everything. Pretty sure there’s no limit on contactless when you use a phone.

Contactless killed cash and now phones are replacing contactless cards.

It’s just another thing that the phone has replaced. The mobile phone has already killed:

Digital cameras,
Video cameras,
iPods/personal music players,
iPads/laptops for casual internet browsing (you still work on a real computer),
Calculators,
Torches,
Personal organisers,
Address books,

We’ve reached a point now where we have one device that does pretty much everything.

add satnavs to that list

Interesting that 'fitbits' are still going strong, however, when apps on your phone will do the same job

Also, watch sales are much lower than they used to be as the 'yoof' don't need one as their phone does the job

Even though i'm never without a phone, i don't think i've ever used it to tell me the time. Seems easier to glance at a watch than get a phone out, open the cover etc. Huh

I've not got one, but people with apple watches use them to check their phone. It's gone full circle......

I was about to put this - I got an apple watch at Christmas and use it for everything, calls, music checking texts and the health benefits, it tracks my steps and records my workouts. Best piece of kit I've had in ages.

It lets you know when you can speak into it as well. Just wait for the pips.
Having a phone fitted to my eye sounds a little uncomfortable.
(03-03-2021, 12:16 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Why? At least with phones you can add a security layer. Does the Chancellor find it that difficult to input a pin?

Not sure if this is a whoosh but the idea is to reduce the risk of spreading covid.
(03-03-2021, 12:34 PM)Fido Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 12:28 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 12:07 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 11:41 AM)MrFizz Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 11:38 AM)spudgun Wrote: add satnavs to that list

Interesting that 'fitbits' are still going strong, however, when apps on your phone will do the same job

Also, watch sales are much lower than they used to be as the 'yoof' don't need one as their phone does the job

Even though i'm never without a phone, i don't think i've ever used it to tell me the time. Seems easier to glance at a watch than get a phone out, open the cover etc. Huh

I've not got one, but people with apple watches use them to check their phone. It's gone full circle......

I was about to put this - I got an apple watch at Christmas and use it for everything, calls, music checking texts and the health benefits, it tracks my steps and records my workouts. Best piece of kit I've had in ages.

It lets you know when you can speak into it as well. Just wait for the pips.
Really? I core believe that
(03-03-2021, 11:05 AM)Duffers Wrote: I don’t even bother taking my card out anymore, just use my phone for everything. Pretty sure there’s no limit on contactless when you use a phone.

It’s just another thing that the phone has replaced. The mobile phone has already killed:

Digital cameras,
Video cameras,
Calculators,
Torches,
Personal organisers,
Address books,

We’ve reached a point now where we have one device that does pretty much everything.

They are amazing.

You can even use them to make telephone calls, apparently.
All part of the plan....

Digital cameras,
Video cameras,
Calculators,
Torches,
Personal organisers,
Address books,

I personally like to go out without a mobile at times and if we turn cashless then this is the issue. You lose your phone and your fucked.
(03-03-2021, 04:45 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Digital cameras,
Video cameras,
Calculators,
Torches,
Personal organisers,
Address books,

I personally like to go out without a mobile at times and if we turn cashless then this is the issue. You lose your phone and your fucked.

When we return to normal, you can't leave your mobile behind a bar to pay for drinks  Big Grin Big Grin
(03-03-2021, 04:45 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Digital cameras,
Video cameras,
Calculators,
Torches,
Personal organisers,
Address books,

Lose your wallet right now and you’re fucked.

Digital cameras,
Video cameras,
Calculators,
Torches,
Personal organisers,
Address books,

Star Trek has a lot to answer for. Tricorder + Communicator = Mobile (Phone/Computer)