Burnley v Fulham 1800
Fulham trying to draw their way to safety
(02-17-2021, 07:47 PM)Peachy Wrote: Listened to the bet fair guy this morning and he said we are 1/33 to stay up and Sheffield Utd were 1/25!!

Made me loff as they are below us. Shows that they think we'll finish bottom!

Think you'll find they are the odds to go down Peachy, not stay up.
Sounds like Burnley have got a bit of an injury crisis... good time to play them so we'll definitely fugg it up
(02-17-2021, 08:11 PM)TartanRug Wrote: Sounds like Burnley have got a bit of an injury crisis... good time to play them so we'll definitely fugg it up

Such a difficult team to play against as most of the time they just hoof it in the box and by the law of averages it'll fall/richochet to someone. 

Injury crisis is a smokescreen.  Wood and Mee will be back on Saturday.
Fulham v Blades on Saturday and then Man U v Newcastle on Sunday

I think Newcastle could be in real trouble if there are two home wins there
Burnley are capable of drawing their way out of trouble. I don't expect Saturdays game to be a thriller.
(02-17-2021, 08:58 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Burnley are capable of drawing their way out of trouble. I don't expect Saturdays game to be a thriller.

I'd not be surprised by a draw. No good for us in our current predicament though
We will be fine.
It's going to need a monumental set of results to keep us up, we know that.   40 points based on current pro-rata projections.  

We have half a new team but we're still short of quality defensively and offensively. 

AMN should be given one more chance in midfield on Saturday and he needs to produce a performance befitting of an England international which contributes to a victory.   He's playing against Cork and Westwood - not demeaning the latters qualities but if he really thinks he has a chance of playing for England in midfield he should be getting the better of them. 

If he's as average as he was against Spurs and United then he should be offered a defensive role. 

I would like to see Grant on the left side supporting Diagne with Pereira central.  

Regardless of what individuals want I think this is probably our strongest side; 

.............................Sam........................

AMN.............Ajayi...............Bartley.........Townsend

...............................Okay.....................................

Snodgrass.....   Gallagher...........Pereira.............Grant 

...............................  Diagne................................

This is a game we really do need to win so our midfield really do need to push on and we're going to have to take some risks at some point.  Win this and beat Newcastle at home and we nearly halve the deficit.  

Dwight McNeil is their most dangerous/creative player and so we really need to get a tight grip on him and snuff him out.
(02-17-2021, 10:52 PM)Hopalong Wrote: It's going to need a monumental set of results to keep us up, we know that.   40 points based on current pro-rata projections.  

We have half a new team but we're still short of quality defensively and offensively. 

AMN should be given one more chance in midfield on Saturday and he needs to produce a performance befitting of an England international which contributes to a victory.   He's playing against Cork and Westwood - not demeaning the latters qualities but if he really thinks he has a chance of playing for England in midfield he should be getting the better of them. 

If he's as average as he was against Spurs and United then he should be offered a defensive role. 

I would like to see Grant on the left side supporting Diagne with Pereira central.  

Regardless of what individuals want I think this is probably our strongest side; 

.............................Sam........................

AMN.............Ajayi...............Bartley.........Townsend

...............................Okay.....................................

Snodgrass.....   Gallagher...........Pereira.............Grant 

...............................  Diagne................................

This is a game we really do need to win so our midfield really do need to push on and we're going to have to take some risks at some point.  Win this and beat Newcastle at home and we nearly halve the deficit.  

Dwight McNeil is their most dangerous/creative player and so we really need to get a tight grip on him and snuff him out.

Grant simply doesn't look good enough for the Prem for me. I'd have Furkong right back. The rest the same as started vs Man Utd.