Sorry, but this Manager ain't right for us....
I think VI has the respect of the players and the interview last night showed that this is more than reciprocated. He was full of praise for the way we kept going, and deserves great credit for winning what looked like a lost game through fitness, endeavour and a switch that did ultimately win us the game.

Booing at HT was a bit daft; booing the sub I didn’t understand either. It’s possible to voice disagreement without doing this, or simply by just not attending. Isn’t gonna help anyone booing things. So whilst it did look senseless to leave Grant on at the time when Grady was playing quite well, Grant did score the goals (one dubious of course but he still found the net ultimately). So VI was proven right to do this, and whoever booed now looks a bit daft; at least that’s the way the stats show it and the way VI will see it.

I also noticed that when the press became less intense during the second half, QPR stopped defending quite so deeply in numbers and the gaps began to open up. However the effort and application was still there and it was just enough to get us over the line. So whether this was a tactical adjustment rather than and out-and-out ‘Plan B’, if it was an intended change then again it’s one that VI implemented successfully.

So it’s not hard to see why the coach maybe feeling a bit miffed with the fans, perhaps evidenced by going straight down the tunnel. But whilst that is his prerogative, I hope he doesn’t dwell on it because - although our fitness and game management may have salvaged a lost game successfully - it certainly wasn’t a perfect performance and the starting lineup and deployment of certain players in certain positions (although compromised a little by injuries) was not perfect either.

I’m happy enough with the start we’ve had under VI, and he does deserve the benefit of the doubt when he isn’t working with a squad with quite as much quality as that Big Dave had, Bilic had, or even what RDM or Mowbray had; and nor I feel is the admin above quite as slick and decisive as it was during the JRP era. Whilst promotion is obviously expected (and there is nothing wrong with that), I think some of our fans would do well to remember this, and also that he’s still learning himself, and still a very fresh face.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sorry, but this Manager ain't right for us.... - by HawkingsHalfpint - 09-25-2021, 12:47 PM