Anyone even back into the work office yet?
(08-03-2020, 10:31 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 10:16 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 10:57 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 10:50 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: I think things will return to normal personally.

There's no way big business will want a "workforce from home" in the longer term. It wouldn't work over time.

However, other working ways will inevitably be more fluid and flexible.

It's the logistics. If you are in an office tower block, and need to use a lift to reach your floor, it will take hours to fill and empty the building.

We have instructions 1 person per lift. We are on the 7th floor. I can walk but others aren't so mobile and will have to take the lift. Will get big queues for the lift. Imagine what it will be like for the Sky scrapers in London with 40+ floors.
Personally think companies now realise work can be undertaken at home by most office workers. Perfect opportunity for them to save cost on office rental, heating etc by allowing workers to stay at home.

The heating costs is one of the main reasons a lot of workers will be keen to return to the office in winter IMO. They won't be so keen on home working when their home heating costs are going up 50 quid a week. Its also not a case of whether people "can" do their job, its the things you lose out on - learning faster from others, office culture, mental health through interaction. I can see most places allowing 1 or 2 days a week at home (my place already has for the last 2 years), but I fully expect offices to be back by next year once social distancing ends.

£50 per week on heating?  What are you burning gold?  I currently pay £70 per month for gas, your valuation has me paying £200.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone even back into the work office yet? - by Morley - 08-03-2020, 10:57 AM
RE: Anyone even back into the work office yet? - by billybassett - 08-03-2020, 10:46 AM