Racism rears it's ugly head over Fisherman's Friends film
(05-30-2020, 11:14 AM)baggpuss Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 09:31 AM)Duffers Wrote: Noel Clarke is the only name on there I know.

He’s also a brilliant actor.

Daniel Mays is pretty famous I think?

James Purefoy and David Hayman aren't exactly unknowns.

(05-30-2020, 11:25 AM)fuzzbox Wrote: I loved this bit - "...is potentially the best-known of the group."

I suppose 'potentially' I could be better known than all of them and also created the world in 7 days!

You've got to wonder about the character of a man who infers all the actors who he worked with for x number of months were racist.
That's a pretty nasty accusation to infer. I suppose the other six could 'potentially' be racist, but another 'potential' scenario could be that he  turned out to be a wanker and nobody could give a toss about him.

In this sort of scenario, I always wonder whether the director who cast him will think twice  about casting another BAME after this negative publicity. I'm sure it doesn't help. 

Having said that, putting everyone in the photo but the black man is asking for trouble! In hindsight, they should have left out his name.

See this is the problem I have with alleged racism, he had a very small part in the film, all the characters  on the poster were involved with the band, which after all is what the film is about, I presume his name was added to the poster as a nod to the fact he is a well known actor, so if a white actor with a small part had his name on the poster because he is well known but not his picture, is that still asking for trouble or does that only apply if he is black.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Racism rears it's ugly head over Fisherman's Friends film - by cornishbaggie - 05-30-2020, 11:27 AM