Anyone tried to register employees for Furloughing or what ever it's called
Trying to help my BIL out to register a couple of his employees for this furlough status. Can't see how you do it - i would have thought it would have been front and centre of the HMRC website.
It's called the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and it's to be accessed via a new portal. Not sure if that portal has been created yet though

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...businesses

I would assume that if you are registered with HMRC as an employer for tax it would be a part of their online services, but they really need to make it clearer
It isn't part of the online services - that's where we went 1st. It links you to an advice sheet and refers to the scheme but no links or anything. I think they still have to develop it so you've confirmed what I though thanks.

Poor lad - he told his lads to go home yesterday and he would sort their money out for them and it appears today he didn't need to close at all (he's a car repair business) - confusing whichever way you look at it.
My brother is self employed and basically thinks he's up shit creek without a paddle, any of those in the know can tell me different?

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(03-25-2020, 02:19 PM)Cuzer Wrote: My brother is self employed and basically thinks he's up shit creek without a paddle, any of those in the know can tell me different?

Cuzer

I was speaking to him last night and he said he'd got some savings to pay the lads until he gets the money back but doesn't want to take a loan / grant out because he doesn't like loans. Don't know how long he can go on like that - he's hardly Rockefeller
(03-25-2020, 01:18 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Trying to help my BIL out to register a couple of his employees for this furlough status. Can't see how you do it - i would have thought it would have been front and centre of the HMRC website.

PM me i will send you what we have sent to our guys
There will be an announcement from the chancellor tomorrow regarding the self employed.
(03-25-2020, 02:19 PM)Cuzer Wrote: My brother is self employed and basically thinks he's up shit creek without a paddle, any of those in the know can tell me different?

Cuzer

Not in the know but there is an amendment to the Coronavirus bill to pay self employed 80% of their monthly net earnings, averaged over the last three years, or £2917 max

Have no idea if this has been voted on though

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bi...14-18.html
The HMRC haven't created the portal yet and as yet I've not seen a date for it to go live. 

My company told me on Monday I was being fuloughed starting April 1st. Following a conference call on Monday I have written confirmation from them but there are lots of ifs and buts in my letter. Not as cut and dried as they made it sound on the call.

Shitting it that when my April pay packet is due I will get stitched up somehow. I hope I'm wrong!
My other B-I-L has been given the choice of a 3 day week and he uses 1 days leave for 12 weeks or go on the furlough. He's crapping it as well - wants to be seen to be doing the right thing by the company and protecting his longer term status but what a shitty stick offer.