Kieran Gibbs
(09-26-2019, 12:02 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 11:58 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 11:11 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Gibbs is fit I think. He came to watch the game v Huddersfield.

So he’s fit to sit on a chair for 90 minutes?

Good to know...

Come on now, this also implies he was fit enough to sit in a car and enter the stadium

Blimey, I've been fit enough to enter the stadium & watch the game for 60+ years, but I don't think I'd manage to play left back for 90 minutes.     Rolleyes
(09-26-2019, 09:15 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 08:32 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Gibbs is one of the best players at the club. Once fit, he starts, simple as that.

We have lacked balance in our attacking play and Gibbo gives us that.

+1
Normally totally agree with ya Lurker but just don't see this one. At all.
(09-26-2019, 01:21 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 08:32 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Gibbs is one of the best players at the club. Once fit, he starts, simple as that.

+1

I would say that it shows how far our squad has come over the summer, Heath. Last year the first XI was a shoe in. Now we are having what I see as sensible fans, and posters on here having proper footballing debates about starting line ups and systems.

Good to see!
(09-26-2019, 02:11 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:

+1

I would say that it shows how far our squad has come over the summer, Heath. Last year the first XI was a shoe in. Now we are having what I see as sensible fans, and posters on here having proper footballing debates about starting line ups and systems.

Good to see!

It demonstrates the breadth of options we have at left back.

Ferguson is young but looks better defensively than any of our fullbacks, Townsend has proven to be capable back up, and able to provide a 6/10 in both attack and defence, and Gibbs provides natural balance, but as we’ve seen can be rash, and is far better as an attacking threat. As a wingback he’s the best there is at this level.

All 3 are capable players, and all 3 will get games this season. We just have to have faith in Slav to select and rotate as he sees fit. Lovely problem to have!
(09-26-2019, 02:15 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: [quote pid='110563' dateline='1569507119']
It demonstrates the breadth of options we have at left back.

Ferguson is young but looks better defensively than any of our fullbacks, Townsend has proven to be capable back up, and able to provide a 6/10 in both attack and defence, and Gibbs provides natural balance, but as we’ve seen can be rash, and is far better as an attacking threat. As a wingback he’s the best there is at this level.

All 3 are capable players, and all 3 will get games this season. We just have to have faith in Slav to select and rotate as he sees fit. Lovely problem to have!

Absolutely. Both Furlong and Gibbs are better attackers, whilst I agree Ferguson is natural defender which probably comes from his years at CB.

And to think we have a Chrissy Brunt who played nearly a full season at LB in the Prem. Great options.
(09-25-2019, 12:43 PM)Duffers Wrote: He has to wait his turn. Ferguson has done nothing to merit being dropped.

+1
Just found out he is a twin, so he’s alright in my book now.
In the form of his life.
Interesting the club hasn’t acknowledged his birthday on any social media. That’s quite poor considering they acknowledge ex players!

(09-26-2019, 05:57 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Just found out he is a twin, so he’s alright in my book now.

Yep. Jaydon Gibbs.
(09-26-2019, 10:58 AM)Cuzer Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:48 AM)Duffers Wrote: Sends completely the wrong message, not just to Ferguson but every other young player in the squad, if he is shunted aside as soon as one of the big boys is fit again. Slav knows this.

And this is the reason he will be overlooked

HOWEVER 

as soon as possible he should play, we saw Sunday how ineffective Perreira and Fillipe were in the first half, a lot of this was down to Ferguson not getting forward down the left flank, this makes the pitch wider and creates space for the attacking midfielders, Gibbs does this superbly

Ferguson is a class act but it should be between him and Furlong, who has been superb, for the right back spot long term

We know Ferguson is more than capable now at either full back position and as cover at center half, a real bonus to the depth of quality in the side

Cuzer

Absolutely spot on. No doubting Ferguson's emergence has been a massive bonus and he has played really, really well but Gibbs needs to be playing. What the comments about sending a message to the kids means is a mystery to me, as i'm not sure Nathan Ferguson expected to be 1st choice LB this season....
(09-26-2019, 02:11 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:

+1

Good to see!

Aye. Very true.